Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..
I've brought a new 1260 Enduro,MY20 and will head off on a long (ish) tour.. UK, Europe then onwards to ASIA.. no real time limit...

Any recommendations for pannier set up, i'm thinking soft bags and maybe a hard top box...??
or any other mods that could prove useful from your past experiences?
appreciate your help all..馃

Registered
I would want a larger windscreen, on a long trip. Tons of quality manufacturers, I've got a Cal-Sci that I like, but they're all good. Stocker is just a bit too small for touring, IMO.

Side cases, be they hard or soft, are a pain to take off the bike every evening. Go for hard cases with liners, even if those liners are just trash bags. If you don't, you'll wish you had the first time you've got to stay in a hotel with bad parking.

If you plan on running a GPS, the Ducati/Navihalter mount is a solid piece of gear. You can always use a RAM mount, but the Navihalter gets the screen up closer to your line of sight.

I had the TPMS system dealer installed on my 2018 S model, and doubt I'll own another long distance bike without it. There are cheaper options than the Ducati parts, but it's nice having everything integrated.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I would want a larger windscreen, on a long trip. Tons of quality manufacturers, I've got a Cal-Sci that I like, but they're all good. Stocker is just a bit too small for touring, IMO.

Side cases, be they hard or soft, are a pain to take off the bike every evening. Go for hard cases with liners, even if those liners are just trash bags. If you don't, you'll wish you had the first time you've got to stay in a hotel with bad parking.

If you plan on running a GPS, the Ducati/Navihalter mount is a solid piece of gear. You can always use a RAM mount, but the Navihalter gets the screen up closer to your line of sight.

I had the TPMS system dealer installed on my 2018 S model, and doubt I'll own another long distance bike without it. There are cheaper options than the Ducati parts, but it's nice having everything integrated.
Thanks for your input...

The screen is okay with me, as i am not super tall..

The pannier system i agree with you, the thought of removing everything is not appealing on a daily basis..

GPS i will run a Garmin, i checked the new Evotech holder which is similar too and price wise okay.

yeah the TPMS is also something i would plan to go ahead with, plus the heated grips now, dont think that is worth skipping

cheers!

Registered
I can't provide any suggestions for accessories (other than the obvious) but I will say I'm super jealous of being able to do such a trip.

Registered
2017 Enduro w/ Touratech crash bar, clear water lights hybrid Erica\Darla puig tinted screen, mosko moto 40L liter sits on top of panniers, footpeg plate (for extra stability) termi pipes to scare the neighbors.

Check out MoskoMoto for softbag solution all the way round. Very impressed with the quality.

Rode the endure cross country and some light dirt work in Death Valley...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts