Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Ducati Front brake, Rear Brake, and Clutch master cylinder covers and supports. I am eliminating the visual plastic parts on my Paul Smart to get a more "period" look. The six pieces (3 caps and 3 supports) are expensive ... around $360. Would like some feedback or a photo if possible.

Also looking to order the Ducati timing belt covers from PJ. From the photo's some of you posted here, they look awesome. The Rizomo website also lists a good looking vented belt cover (Part # ZDM025A) and a front sprocket cover (Part # ZDM015A) that looks like they will fit.

The Speedy Moto also looks like they make quality alumin parts.

Work requires me to travel a great deal and I have not had much time to ride. I have 500 miles and looking to get the bike "blinged" at the first service. Thanks to you guys I have my Termi 2 into 1 and a 41t rear sprocket sitting in the boxes ready to go.

Appreciate the feedback. Love the bike especially after removing the clip-on pins and the carbon cannister. Almost as fun to look at as to ride.

·
Registered
197 Posts
just ordered clutch and front brake resevoir covers from this vendor in the UK: http://stores.ebay.com/Ducati-1_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

looks like great billet.

i popped on speedy moto clutch cover, pressure plate, and bits a few weeks ago and they look great. some of the finest billet i have seen. they take milling to the next level. if you take a close look at the details, their parts rise above the rest.

like you i also have some rizoma timing covers coming in from PJ's. they should look leagues better than the black plastic OEM ones. the wait is killin' me. :p

hoping to see how the aftermarket fairing realm will be. i would love a period style fairing on my black sport classic.

right now it seems the UK and Japan are offering the most aftermarket bits for ther sport classics.

your selection of parts all seem like you're on the right track.

glad to know you're not carbonfibering :rolleyes: your bike too. :)

erinate said:
Has anyone tried the Ducati Front brake, Rear Brake, and Clutch master cylinder covers and supports. I am eliminating the visual plastic parts on my Paul Smart to get a more "period" look. The six pieces (3 caps and 3 supports) are expensive ... around $360. Would like some feedback or a photo if possible.

Also looking to order the Ducati timing belt covers from PJ. From the photo's some of you posted here, they look awesome. The Rizomo website also lists a good looking vented belt cover (Part # ZDM025A) and a front sprocket cover (Part # ZDM015A) that looks like they will fit.

Work requires me to travel a great deal and I have not had much time to ride. I have 500 miles and looking to get the bike "blinged" at the first service. Thanks to you guys I have my Termi 2 into 1 and a 41t rear sprocket sitting in the boxes ready to go.

Appreciate the feedback. Love the bike especially after removing the clip-on pins and the carbon cannister. Almost as fun to look at as to ride.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am with you guys on the billet being the way to go with these bikes,I am looking to get some of the same parts from PJS,timing covers look great,my question being new to Ducati is I know the motor is a 1000DS but I dont see that listed on the fit list....how do you translate ?

·
ROF
686 Posts
erinate said:

SPEEDY MOTO

As far a putting Carbon Fiber on a Sport Classic I took my "cues" from Pierre Terblanche...

"All, Terblanche insists, are not replicas of famous 1970s Ducatis (as a cursory glance at their styling may suggest). Instead they are full-on, modern sports bikes which take their styling cues from, and pay tribute to, illustrious forebears from the 1970s.

"I wanted not to just recreate an era," Terblanche explained, "But to produce real, modern sports bikes - that's why, for example, they have inverted forks. The intention was to take the look and feel of the past - but to produce modern bikes with the very best in equipment available today."

·
Registered
197 Posts
from what i learned after some asking around, is that the timing belt covers for the multistrada fit the sport classics perfectly.
Robert said:
I am with you guys on the billet being the way to go with these bikes,I am looking to get some of the same parts from PJS,timing covers look great,my question being new to Ducati is I know the motor is a 1000DS but I dont see that listed on the fit list....how do you translate ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
you no doubt have a sweet bike and clearly a carefully considered array of mods. one of the fun things about getting any new vehicle is our ability to make those little changes to truely make it our "own". while i'll put carbon fiber on my cannondales, i've never been fond of it on my own motorcycles.

you've done one of the nicest jobs i've seen on your machine and definately in a unique voice to make it your own.

BLACKBIRDXX said:
SPEEDY MOTO

As far a putting Carbon Fiber on a Sport Classic I took my "cues" from Pierre Terblanche...

"All, Terblanche insists, are not replicas of famous 1970s Ducatis (as a cursory glance at their styling may suggest). Instead they are full-on, modern sports bikes which take their styling cues from, and pay tribute to, illustrious forebears from the 1970s.

"I wanted not to just recreate an era," Terblanche explained, "But to produce real, modern sports bikes - that's why, for example, they have inverted forks. The intention was to take the look and feel of the past - but to produce modern bikes with the very best in equipment available today."

·
ROF
686 Posts
otterx said:
you no doubt have a sweet bike and clearly a carefully considered array of mods. one of the fun things about getting any new vehicle is our ability to make those little changes to truely make it our "own". while i'll put carbon fiber on my cannondales, i've never been fond of it on my own motorcycles.

you've done one of the nicest jobs i've seen on your machine and definately in a unique voice to make it your own.
Speaking of Carbon Fiber on one's motorcycle, check out my K1200S
Poke around, specifically the CARBON FIBER BITS link. :D

I can't start to tell you how much weight I have shaved off my wallet with all the Carbon Fiber bits I have add to my bikes! ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
i'm mostly a vintage bike type, but the sport classic and an 04 m800 before it has gotten my feet wet in the new bike realm.

i can definately see the appeal of modern performance in the machine and accesories. carbon fiber is a material which i come across everyday in my own industries.

if i were ever to get into a pure performance motorcycle, much like my bicycles, carbon fiber would be found on them. ;)

BLACKBIRDXX said:
Speaking of Carbon Fiber on one's motorcycle, check out my K1200S
Poke around, specifically the CARBON FIBER BITS link. :D

I can't start to tell you how much weight I have shaved off my wallet with all the Carbon Fiber bits I have add to my bikes! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. Has anyone found an chain guard to replace the plastic factory one? Seems like a fairly simple job for someone with metal working skills and machinery.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Still, that quote kills me. The very best in equipment? That's why the suspension(for the sport,mind) specs changed about 5 times,then they give us a non-adjustable fork,when models listing for less have fully adjustable suspension front and rear. Wouldn't it be cheaper to use forks you already have? I prob. would have bought the Ohlins anyway,mind..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Now that I've started ranting; The best would also include TUBELESS spoked wheels,technology that's been on the market since 91 or so. And 4 piston calipers. I don't mind a parts bin bike, but use the best parts in your bin!

·
Registered
54 Posts
MH900e0652 said:
Ducati Performance: tank plug, & brake/clutch reservoir caps & covers
Rizoma: pressure plate, clutch cover, belt covers, & sprocket cover
Your mods look great on that bike,can you tell us wear you got them

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've owned 5 bikes in my life, never moded a single one. Just wanted to enjoy, never had the time, these internet chat sites didn't exist etc. I've got serious issues now, all I can think about is making this bike unique for some reason. My wife says I baby that bike and the other motorcycle and sports car are getting no attention. Must be b/c its my first Ducati. I'm tempted to follow the lead and here's my list: new clutch cover/plate/springs and caps (just trying to decide on colour combo, probably speedy moto), Termi 2:1 (probably despite some concerns, I think it looks great on the bike); rear plate fix, sprockets (not looking for crazy torque, just more usable lower gears in the city), perhaps a new gold chain, new slave cylinder. I took her out for my longest ride on her (200kms yest) and an easier clutch action is needed, and the suspension is bloody hard so I'm going to tinker. If I went whole hog and put ohlins front and rear... just the math in my head makes it $7-$8,000 at least... Yikes!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Robert said:
Your mods look great on that bike, can you tell us where you got them?
The DP parts came from my local Ducati dealer.

The Rizoma timing belt covers came from MotoWheels.

The other Rizmoa items came from a vendor that is not a sponsor for this forum.

Ciao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts