Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Covers the 1950s through the 1980s. Grand Prix, AMA Production Superbike, Daytona, Isle of Man, and other events and classes ... 50cc on up to 1,000cc. The likes of Mike Hailwood, Wes Cooley, Pops Yoshimura, Graeme Crosby, Barry Sheene, Paul Smart, Agostini, Don Emde, Joey Dunlop, Gary Nixon, and many many others as well as many race bike builders/teams and major manufacturers' history and involvement.

A 26 page thread filled with information and photographs, many of which I've never seen (and I've collected this kind of stuff for several decades!). Hundreds and hundreds of images with supporting text and information. This could actually be compiled into one of those coffee table books!

LINK = https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/8-pictures-videos/20301-motorcycle-story-golden-years.html

A few teaser pictures ....

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Best bookmark the link to that thread if you're at all interested, folks. There's an active effort to complain about my posts again, which is supported by an especially enthusiastic person that has full control over the censorship of posts who has had it in for me since my first week of membership (who also refuses to reply to my private messages to him, even those expressing my support of him). There's a solid chance this thread will be deleted.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Best bookmark the link to that thread if you're at all interested, folks. There's an active effort to complain about my posts again, which is supported by an especially enthusiastic person that has full control over the censorship of posts who has had it in for me since my first week of membership (who also refuses to reply to my private messages to him, even those expressing my support of him). There's a solid chance this thread will be deleted.

shouldn't that tell you something?

Name names you pussy, lets see some of that famous "integrity" you seem to think you have.......

I'm off to RIDE my bike, not just look at it .....

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Loooved the 80 superbike era. My fave. In one of the pics the dude on the katana look like Freddie Spencer.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Loooved the 80 superbike era. My fave. In one of the pics the dude on the katana look like Freddie Spencer.
I'd love to start a thread dedicated to the 1970s/1980s production superbikes ... but I'm reluctant since I'd not want it to be met with ~rolled eyes~. But if I did it, at least it would create a place to centralize this very special time in Superbike racing history within this forum (and I'd stop going on about them in other threads if there were a dedicated thread ... that's a plus, right?) Those bikes were the stuff!

I'm not positive about this, but I don't think Spencer ever rode a Katana. Honda had Spencer on the CB750 for a few seasons, then stuck him on the Interceptor. Neither of which really tickled Spencer's thrill switch since he deeply wanted to go into GP racing. He was pretty vocal about not really liking the welded steel frame "wobble monsters", and would have rather been on purpose built GP bikes with the rest of the big boys.

If you're talking about this picture below, that is Wes Cooley, as is the second image. 3rd image is Freddie Spencer. 4th image ..... imagine being on the starting grid and seeing that pack of dogs!

Apologies for the off topic drift. Back to subject now ....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
You’re right Rexy. It’s Wes. The leathers and helmet looks to be Spencer and I knew he never threw a leg over a Suzuki. Every time I ride one of these porkers I get a bit of a stiffy. ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts