Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a long nap, I went to start my '13 MTS this afternoon. I noticed that I have the ABS error message on the dash and wondered what could have caused that while it was sitting all winter. There are no other error messages, just the ABS. Towards the end of the season, I did a complete brake fluid flush, including the ABS module. I had heard that if you don't flush the brake fluid as recommended you could damage the module.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just came back from a ride and noticed speedometer isn't working either so speed sensor is the probable culprit. I'm just wondering if it's the sensor or is there a fuse and/or connection I need to check?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since the speedometer isn’t working, I think it’s got to be the speed sensor. This would also cause the ABS error. I wonder which end it is; the sensor or the connection. I’m just not sure where that connection is or how I determine if the sensor is bad

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s very helpful. Thanks for the post. I never would have thought it could be the front sensor!

·
Registered
79 Posts
The wiring from the ABS sensor through the forks is quite tight. Common case, it snaps when the bar is turned from one end to the other (at least on older models). Happened to me. Fixed it with a soldering iron and a little extension to the cables. Usually it snaps close to the intermediate plug which is fixed to the small plate connecting the two forks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so I found the culprit! Apparently, mice decided to make a winter home under my seat. They were bored one night and decided to chew through the wiring harness leading to my abs module. I can see a couple of broken wires. However, I cannot get a wrench on the back bolt to the unit.
Also, is this a plug where the wires go into the abs unit or do they feed directly in?
What a mess....little f*#rs

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ok, so I found the culprit! Apparently, mice decided to make a winter home under my seat. They were bored one night and decided to chew through the wiring harness leading to my abs module. I can see a couple of broken wires. However, I cannot get a wrench on the back bolt to the unit.
Also, is this a plug where the wires go into the abs unit or do they feed directly in?
What a mess....little f*#rs
Oh man!
I'd go scorched earth on those things! :mad:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I discovered that the harness plugs into the side of the ABS module. I found a picture of a new module and can see where the plug goes in. Does anyone know how to unlock the plug so I can disconnect it? I don't want to force it and break something. There are two "wheels" on each side that look like they spin but I can't move them. You can see the back of the plug in this picture and how it connects on the new one. There are two pins on either side that look like they help lock the harness in place. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In case anyone is interested, I found out how to remove the wiring harness which is not intuitive. At the bottom of the plug, ther is a plastic piece that crosses over from the left side to the right side. In the center of the plug where that piece crosses over, insert a screwdriver to separate the two sections. Then swing it up toward the top of the plug. This lever action will actually pull the plug out of the module.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts