Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

About to pull the trigger on a hyper, anything I should look for?

657 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  breckduc 
#1 ·
Well I've been kicking the idea around for awhile and I just came across a '09 1100S at my local dealer and I think I am going to grab it. Two things that I am concerned with are 1) it was pretty filthy and 2) it as 6800 miles and the 7500 mile service is around the corner. In terms of the dirt, they had just gotten it in on trade and they hadn't had a chance to clean it. They will detail it prior to sale but I have some doubts about how well it was cared for. It has a full and clean service record at the dealer, but I hope it cleans up well. They are also going to include the 7500 mile service w/ the bike so that settles that. Is there anything else I should be looking for? Common issues?

Thanks in advance for the help. Hopefully I'll be posting pics of it this weekend.

Cheers,
Ryan

#3 ·
Check the sprockets and chain for advanced signs of wear. If the previous owner didn't take care of the bike then it is possible that the chain was never cleaned or adjusted. It will be expensive to change the front and rear sprockets and the chain. Also try to get any service history for the bike. I would feel a lot better about buying a used bike if there were some records of at least the oil being changed even if the owner did it themselves.

What is the asking price for the bike?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.