Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide if this mod would cause any disadvantage in track conditions.

As long as I understand, they would turn the bike more comfortable but this is not opposed to track performance/behaviour?

Also the rear eight adjusters sold in ebay, what changes do produce in the bikes comfort/track capabilities?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The change is not that far. I can't see how it could have an adverse affect on the track. The triple allows you to have the bar slightly higher up, but more importantly the bars let you adjust the angle to suit your preference. By finding the spot where you are comfortable it should help your track riding. You also don't have to move the clip-ons up to touch the triple... you can leave them in the stock position. Then you just have a nicer looking triple.

I have the clip-ons on my 675 track bike and they are fantastic!

At the start of the build.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm trying to decide if this mod would cause any disadvantage in track conditions.

As long as I understand, they would turn the bike more comfortable but this is not opposed to track performance/behaviour?

Also the rear eight adjusters sold in ebay, what changes do produce in the bikes comfort/track capabilities?
I put the Speedymoto Triple top on my 848 last week, and I love it! It's beautifully made, but it also allowed me to raise the bars 20mm, as the clamp doesn't seat as far down on the fork tubes, allowing some room to adjust the bars. It has made a huge difference on street comfort. I haven't taken it to the track, but it would be simple enough to slide the clip ons back down the fork legs, if needed.

This has been my fav mod so far!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your imputs.

I can't see how it could have an adverse affect on the track.
What I understand is that a more radical, track intended bike, will be more harsh/uncomfortable in the street, being one reason the lower situation of the clip ons. Ence my thoguht that raising up them would better the comfort and maybe worsen its track behaviour.

But knowing that with this kit you can put them stock like, makes not to wonder about the first question.

Any track experienced riders has any imputs?

What does happen changeing the rear ride eight?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for your imputs.

What I understand is that a more radical, track intended bike, will be more harsh/uncomfortable in the street, being one reason the lower situation of the clip ons. Ence my thoguht that raising up them would better the comfort and maybe worsen its track behaviour.

But knowing that with this kit you can put them stock like, makes not to wonder about the first question.

Any track experienced riders has any imputs?

What does happen changeing the rear ride eight?
The ride height was not changed, the forks are still in their original height and angle, you do sit up a little higher if you raise the bars, but geometry and height remain unchanged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts