Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding today and was going around a couple of my favorite curves. I was coming out of the last one when I noticed a cop behind another car. I thought maybe he didn't care. I thought wrong. I look in my mirror and see (yea your right) blue and red spinning lights. He walks up to me and I asked hi was I speeding. He said you were doing 68. I said hey I think I know you and shook his hand. He asked who are you and I told him. He had a strange look on his face. I said I wasn't trying to break the law just trying to have a little fun. He said if he had a bike like that he would be too. He said man that's a nice bike. I thought alright he's got wood. I said if you'll give me a warning I'll promise to be good. He said I would but my partner is already writing the ticket. So he goes to the car and comes back. He said you were doing 68 in a 55 but we made it 60 in a 55 so it don't go on your record or raise your insurance. The thing is all of these years I've got mad as hell when I got pulled over. A different approach worked out good today.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Yeah, getting pissed and being a dick to the cop who caught you doing something wrong is never a good plan.

No one wants to own up to their mistakes or be accountable for their own actions, so when they get caught they put their blame on the cop.

Glad you got off easy. The right attitude can make a difference!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would have shoved the ticket back in his face and told him only a cold day in hell that a dick cop like him could own a Duc.

Sorry, bad experiences with cops lately. And YES, I talked ever so politely to the last one and only stopped short of offering my wife to satisfy his needs. Bastard wrote me up anyway. $100 and 3 points.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
If you speed, or break whichever traffic law, you know the consequences if you should get caught. Your fault.

How is the cop the dick?

Having a good attitude and being polite when you get pulled over in no way guarantees you will get leniency, but it never hurts to try.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you speed, or break whichever traffic law, you know the consequences if you should get caught. Your fault.

How is the cop the dick?

Having a good attitude and being polite when you get pulled over in no way guarantees you will get leniency, but it never hurts to try.
Because I said he was.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm a dick cop and I own a Duc ... must be getting cold. :rolleyes:

BTW, if you come across with an attitude, you most certainly wont get a warning. :cool:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Damn, nobody here can take a little ball busting. I am friends with quite a few cops. I am by no means saying that all cops are dicks. A very good female friend of mine is a deputy sheriff. A few good friends that I grew up with are PA State Troopers.

BUT, I'm still sticking to my story that the cop that pulled me over was a DICK.

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
If I ever get pulled, I'm gonna tell the cop my life story. He'll probably give ME a hundred bucks and point me to the nearest bar.:D

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Here are some tips on what not to say if you get pulled over:

Come on write the damn ticket, the bars close in 20 minutes!

Sorry, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

Hey! That's terrific. The cop yesterday only gave me a warning too!

I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a Police Officer.

So, uh, you on the take, or what?

I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there is no one else around,
that's how far they are ahead of me.

Didn't I see you get your ass kicked on Cops?

Wow, you look just like the guy in the picture on my girlfriend's nightstand.

Hey, you gonna do one of those full cavity searches?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am a cancer survivor and I was late for a follow up appt a few years ago. I was making the 70 mile trek on my Ducati to the Dr.'s office. I was nervous as hell as this was my first check up. I was on a two lane road going maybe 10-15mph over the limit BUT still within the "flow of traffic"

I pulled over immediately and apologized to the policeman. I explained how nervous I was. I then asked him if he knew the other policemen that I knew. He stopped me after the third one and said very rudely "I don't care who you know, I'm going to ticket you anyway" I quickly got pissed and replied that I was not asking to let me out of the ticket I just thought that maybe we had mutual friends.

I was pulled over a few years before that after I owned my Duc for less than 3 hours. After I let the policeman write me a ticket I asked him if he knew my other cop friends. He looked at me and called me a dumbshit. "why didn't you ask before I wrote the ticket?" We had several mutual friends.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a chic pull her shirt up to the point where she was showing me her panties the other day during a traffic ... I gave her 2 tickets. :)

I was on a two lane road going maybe 10-15mph over the limit

so you were speeding. sounds pretty cut and dry for the probable cause. is the guy a dick cause he wrote you a ticket or because he interrupted you during your 'i know a bunch of cops' diatribe?

·
Registered
123 Posts
don't normally care for Sarah Silverman, but...

...I do remember a line of hers.
She gets pulled-over by a cop, and he asks, "Ma'am, you
know why I'm standing here?"
And she replies, "'cuz you got all C's in high school?"
hah-hah-hah!

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
Sometimes I think I see more Aholes in a day than my Doctor does..A very good friend of mind who has worked for me, and I for him,at times.. said "You probable thought I was an Ahole at times", He said "and I probably was" .We had a chuckle and moved on. Everybody should be allowed a bad day.

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
I had a chic pull her shirt up to the point where she was showing me her panties the other day during a traffic ... I gave her 2 tickets. :)

I was on a two lane road going maybe 10-15mph over the limit

so you were speeding. sounds pretty cut and dry for the probable cause. is the guy a dick cause he wrote you a ticket or because he interrupted you during your 'i know a bunch of cops' diatribe?
Wow am I impressed a "chic". Do you give your Aquaintenances (family friends ministers) Tickets too ?..No reply necessary

·
Super Moderator
8,192 Posts
I got pulled over in the states afew years ago.. The LEO threatend to haul me off to jail since i didn´t have an american license, only my Swedish one and the suplemental intl. driving license (I was a tourist driving a rental). He said i was doing 38 in a 35.

Oh.. this was in Wichita Kansas, outside the city limits.. So i guess the guy was a local sheriffs deputy or something and couldn´t figure out how to process the information i supplied. Had he just said, "That will be $35, please pay me" i would have done so.. But he screamed at me for 3-5 minutes with me going "Yes, Sir" "No, Sir" "Sorry about that, Sir" "Will not happen again, Sir" While keeping my hands on the wheel..

Oh well.. :D
One warning later and i was on my way. I bought a radardetector the next day.

//amullo

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.