Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to swap out my eom reservior covers to billet aluminum, for looks. Should I anticipate sealing problems down the road, or is this a non issue.? Probably go with oberon and not eBay garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Billet covers are anodised, so they don't corrode like the originals. I got mine from a UK company (emoto) and they are excellent; no problems with sealing. Nothing wrong with eBay covers, lots of reputable companies selling there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Agree with above, it's a better option. I went with a set of Rizoma black anodized. You'll notice one of your existing reservoirs is larger than the other, so when I made my decision, I went with two large ones so they were the same size (recommend doing this). I thought about doing two smaller ones, but the larger reservoir should not get smaller (although people do it anyway).

I chose these:

PM me if you're interested and I can quote you a price for a set. They're expensive, but worth every penny. Also, they have different mounting brackets and other options including these reservoirs:

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I want to swap out my eom reservior covers to billet aluminum, for looks. Should I anticipate sealing problems down the road, or is this a non issue.? Probably go with oberon and not eBay garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
it will work fine, but i would not just replace the covers, i would replace the entire reservoir. the billet on plastic look is a bit odd to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts