Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, have a buddy with a 2012 Touring S that was recently purchased used and is now making a noise. Compared it to my 2012 and I don’t hear it from mine.

“I’m really freaked out by this noise that has developed since I bought this bike. It had 5000 miles when I bought it, and it has 7200 miles currently. Oil was last changed at 4,900 miles and the level is good.”

What do you guys think? I hear kind of a clucking noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Something doesn't sound right to me either. Hard to diagnose through a laptop. I'd definitely have someone trained give it a listen. If it were mine, I wouldn't run it like that until I knew for sure.

1st things I would do. Check the belts and pulleys, then pull the oil screen and see if there is any foreign metal.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Pull the belt covers and have a look. You can run it with the covers removed. On a 12 the belts should have been changed at 60 months. Might be wise to check the valve clearance too. Cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Really appreciate it.

Update from my buddy:

“The dealer I bought it from is not a Ducati dealer. However, the salesman that sold me the bike just happens to be the sales manager at said dealership. He knows the owner of the only Ducati dealer in Maine, which is an hour and a half from me. He’s standing behind his sale and is coming to my house on Monday to pick up the bike and trailer it to the Ducati shop to get a diagnosis.”

We’ll see what happens from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts