Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I am going to sell my 2001 ST4 this year. I've barely ridden it since I bought it from my friend back in 2016 *maybe 2015). Maybe 200 miles. This posting isn't really a 'what's it worth' but more a question of, the bike needs tires. They are at least 7 years old. Would you discount the price or should I just get a set and put them on? I can mount them myself, so all I have to pay for is the actual tires. Does that make the bike 'easier' to sell if it has fresh rubber, or is tire selection a very 'personal' thing, and if I put on Dunlops, might someone wish they were Pirellis?

Just curious.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
So , you know no matter what you ask they are going to try to talk you down, right ? If you have a potential buyer, and you are negotiating price, use the tires as a lever. If they are using the tires to lower the price, offer to change them or accept a reduction, but not both. I’ve never walked away from a bike I wanted because of tires, but I do use bad rubber as a negotiating tool.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Put a see of Dunlop Roadsmart III's on it . They are running rebates on them this month. They work great on ST's and if it doesn't sell(or you come to your senses,Ha!) , You will have the rubber you want or a great tire for the new owner.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Like Duc96cr I've never walked away because of tyres.
Save yourself the money and allow the new owner the pleasure of selecting their own. If it becomes an issue, and you feel generous, you could offer to fit them for free to loose wheels... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts