Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the 2004 St4s with or without ABS service manual so difficult to find? I have been using the2004 St3 SM PDF and the 2004 St4s parts list posted by Tonered (very cool and thanks). I tried to order an OEM manual from Ducati a few years back when they claimed availability, it never showed up. I see lots of people on the net that claim to have it but it turns out to be the parts list or for the St3. At this moment there is one on ebay, the cover shown is English but in the small print it a French/German SM. Amazon has a seller but with no real information (like languish). Does anyone know why this is such a difficult SM to get?:

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
You're welcome. A couple folks were looking for an ST4s ABS manual. It'd be great to post one.

Have a good one.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
I've just been under the assumption to use the ABS manual and ignore the ABS parts.

But, I might be way off-base on that.

Geoff

·
7,733 Posts
Why is the 2004 St4s with or without ABS service manual so difficult to find?...Does anyone know why this is such a difficult SM to get?:
Maybe because the last ST built was 5 years ago? :) I have a GDSM, binder/paper for my 2005 ST3, ie 204 ST3 manual updated with 2005 insert sections. I paid approx 400.00 for it in 2005 with taxes. I'm gonna ask for at least that much if I sell it...they are rare you know. :)

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Amazon shows the part for the 2004 ST4 / 4s /4s ABS, all in the same book.

Geoff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking at the one from Amazon BUT the seller is using a stock photo and does not list what language it is and no contact info. Many others on the net have also used the same stock photo and in the small print it is in something other than English. Also I seem to be able to find SM for older Ducs or newer Ducs just not 2004 St4s.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Back when I first got my '03, I bought this guy's '04 pirated manual: Ducati ST4 ST4S ABS Part# 91470501E Service shop Manual Book | Brooklyn | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 7336048 Later on, I got a '05 999s manual from him as well. Neither of them have the nice full-color pictures, but have b&w reproductions. Neither have the full-schematic diagrams, but at least the '03 schematic is available online, and I'll send it to you if you need it.

Caveat emptor, but I didn't have any trouble ordering from they guy.

Ron

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look closely it is the same photo used by the “seller” from CA on amazon. I do not know who to trust.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
jduke got his from that same guy that I did.

Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts