Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured the whole motard thing might have turned a few people on to this suit, the A* S1:

http://www.alpinestars.com/S1_Supermoto_Suit/pd/np/131/p/315287.html

I'm not really interested in it because it's supposedly designed for supermoto, although it's a nice touch. What I really like is:

a) it's under $1k
b) it's heavily vented
c) it looks to be one of A*'s top made suits (heavy leather et al)

I'm a little unclear if it has a built in back protector or will take a fitted piece or not.

Basically, VA summers are killers. I've been riding with textiles (RevIT) which are good, but I've always felt a little naked without leather. This looks to be about my only alternative to just sticking with my textiles. Anyone have experience with these leathers? I can't find any good reviews.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Nice suit but it comes with minimal knee and shoulder protection cause it's designed to be used with knee braces and the A stars Bionic shoulder/chest/back protector setup.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well I bought a new A-stars Challenger about 2 months ago after doing way to much research and driving to try the suits because at the local and far away stores because no one carried them all. I ended up buying it at at Sportbike track because they give a 15% discount and free shipping so basically the 1000 dollar suits are $850 delivered...thats a great deal... you have to email them for a price quote...
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=5282

The best I tried on was the MX-1 awesome suit but a tad too much money, next I tried the RC-1 then the Challenger. The RC-1 and Challenger offer the same features just slightly different looks and cut... I went with the Challenger because it is very vented all in the front and legs (can't see it in the pictures) and the RC-1 has about half the venting. Both suits were great quaility and fit if you are a lean build. I am 6 ft 187-190 lbs and bought a 46/56, fits snug. I also tried on the lower end A-stars and the fit sucked... tight in the elbows each suit seemed to fit different.. I don't recomend those or the Supermoto suit which doesn't have knee sliders. Dianese fit good but has a short shoulder to crotch length that scrunched my nuts BAD and a fatter mid section that was loose on my waist they were WAY overpriced.

But its all about the fit and you should try on a couple different suits because it is crazy how different each brand fits... Also look at Tecknics Accelerator those were really good for the money..comparable to the MX-1 for less.

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
And then there is the issue of the rider looking like a panda. Careful riding around ZOOs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts