Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
7,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, people, do us all a favor and put in your signature line the make and models of your bikes.

So when you post up "What exhaust is best" or "What mods should I do" the responders don't rattle on about an xx9, when you have an xx8 SBK. Or I go to help you with an SS problem and you have a monster.

Please for kindness sake, click on User CP.
Then click on Edit Signature
Add year, make, and model of your bike.

Saves on hassles, keeps from wasting time, and makes it MUCH easier to diagnose problems, or give valid suggestions.

PLUS it saves on admins answering PM's for people that are having problems helping someone else!

:D

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Along with that, it would be nice to know where you live.
I think many of the model specific questions will be answered quicker and more completely if they are posted in the model specific forum rather than in the Ducati general discussion forum.

·
Administrator
7,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, but it had fallen in the ranks, so I posted this reminder.

Then someone posted in the other one and brought it back up.

Of course with this subject, can there BE too many reminders?

:D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Chuckracer said:
Looks to me like this needs a bump. I'm still seeing the same old problems...people asking for advice while assuming we know what they are riding.
Double ditto on the above. I hate it when someone comes in here, asks lots of questions, posts rants, asks for tips, not only on bikes, but dealer problems, etc.

They expect help without the profile providing the basics so the problem can be addressed [e.g., location, bike model, first name, at least].

Then after they get our help, they vanish without ever leaving a follow-up, status or a thank you. But this common in many forums, no matter the subject [such as software or electronic device forums].

Screw the jerks. I stopped responding to them if I see "Junior Member" and no info in the profile.

My general feeling about such a Junior Member is:

·
Super Moderator
8,378 Posts
I get this ALOT in the SBK section..

Even though i put up a "please read before posting" which clearly states that if your asking a question, you might want to inculde what bike you have.

There is a pretty big diffrence between a 851 and a 999...

//amullo

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Gotta get used to it Roto.. 18 years as a parts interpreter and even mechanics want me to guess what they have. " Got an 82 Volvo and need some rear brake pads" Got any other details? kind of calipers??? " No.. just send them..." so I picked a set off the shelf and sent them... no idea what they fitted.. " Hey these pads are wrong!" Yep, Probably.. but they fit a Volvo.. that's what you wanted, you're the mechanic ..you fit em they're all the same remember!!??!!

there used to be a poster in a clients shop suggesting life would be so much easier if ustomers only gave us Make, Model, Month and Year. ( in pencil afterwards and sometimes a photo of the car and part!!)

Interpreter = person who has to correctly identify the doo-dad that clips onto the thingimy... and find the difference between the 06/98 and 07/98..

Mal

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
There is really no problem.....

I agree with most of the above.

The problem can be easily solved if the admins reqruire this information when someone signs on.

Very, very easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.