Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reinstalling my fuel tank after a POR-15 job. (620SS)
I've got all the lines checked and hooked back up. Did some wiping and cleaning while I was at it. (It's my first Duc and needs the TLC)
While doing so, I scrubbed the gunk and goo off of what I'm assuming is the fuel petcock. I had to twist the lever around to get all the goo out.
Now I don't remember what position it was in when I started LOL
There are no stampings, no markings to identify "on, off or reserve" just two nubs at the 3:00 and 5:00 positions and the lever/handle rotates all around.

DUH, what am I looking for??
Thanks, I'm a dummy today

·
Registered
303 Posts
Why even bother to reply with such an inane answer? The guy is relativley new to the forum and is asking for help. Why not say hi and welcome? And then admit you are clueless as to how to answer his supposedly dumb question.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm not sure if I can help either but will share what I know. That is, that all of the 1999 and later Supersports were fuel injected. As such they didn't have a fuel shutoff petcock. I've had an 800, a 900 and 1000s but not a 620 but wouldn't expect that they would be any different. It may have been added by one of the previous owners. Was it converted from fuel injection to carburators? Is the petcock installed directly in the tank? Do you have any photos? Other than that I would say just experiment with it to find out what it does.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
You are right.i am clueless on how to answer. I will leave the serious stuff to those more qualified. But... I did keep the thread alive til it could receive a proper burial.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
New Bike Rider 101, don't hang out in the parking lot during class time.

I was a OTR semi driver for 17 yrs the new guys would always say need to get Gas for my truck?

Take notes my friend and don't stop asking! ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
You are right.i am clueless on how to answer. I will leave the serious stuff to those more qualified. But... I did keep the thread alive til it could receive a proper burial.

Good attitude - and sorry I was feeling ornery that night myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any help is appreciated. I have a thick skin.
It is a FI 620. The 'gizmo' is mid fuel line jammed into a tiny little space just above the engine. (so now it stands to reason it's a shut off rather than a 'reserve' switch). Like I said, I was a dummy that day.
I have intentions of replacing all the fuel lines, because of the amount of rusting inside the tank. Perhaps I will just eliminate this unknown gadget. lol
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Did you have your Tank Sealed? and its a carb bike? I've done a replace on many of the lines on my bike, they get old and crack just like tires and "Belts".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts