Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
FWIW I have put some mileage on my 999 SSSA since i converted it ~1 year ago and have felt no ill handling effects from swapping from the stock DSSA.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Got to spend a few hours in the garage today putting on the black anodized side stand I bought from jusutus. Love the look to be honest. Doesn't stand out like a sore thumb anymore!

Need to touch up the scratches on the lower fairing also. Got some nice scratches going on there. Not that it's a huge deal considering it's track fairings but would be nice to get it sorted anyway.

·
Flying Brit
1,818 Posts
I understand your addiction very well indeed, I have several variations of these beautiful bikes all with interesting stories

Reactions: alphaoctane

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Got a delivery with some parts from t3scn from over on the co.uk forum. Very nice bloke! Can 100% recommend buying from him if anyone needs some parts. He put a whole bunch of them up for sale recently.

Also have some IWP189 injectors on the way from NL from Imperiumdx on the forum. Another nice guy around here.
Same goes for jusutus but I think that goes without saying. 😁

Appreciate good service so felt it would be nice to shout out the people around here I've had personal experience with buying from. Hopefully I'm not missing anyone. 😅

Anyways, hopefully I'll be back in the garage wrenching soon. Got the new stickers for the exhaust also. Removed the Termignoni ones on it and will be putting on the correct ones.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So, lets talk tuning. Any experts on the subject here?

I'm planning on doing quite some work on the bike and considering I'm changing injectors, the exhaust is custom built I expect having to do some tuning work. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about the subject.
Currently I'm planning on looking into TuneECU a bit. I've got a PC3 lying around in a box. I have played with the idea of buying a Microtec m197 but they cost a pretty penny.

What are your experiences like with the different routes and what are your recommendations?

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
390 Posts
So, lets talk tuning. Any experts on the subject here?

I'm planning on doing quite some work on the bike and considering I'm changing injectors, the exhaust is custom built I expect having to do some tuning work. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about the subject.
Currently I'm planning on looking into TuneECU a bit. I've got a PC3 lying around in a box. I have played with the idea of buying a Microtec m197 but they cost a pretty penny.

What are your experiences like with the different routes and what are your recommendations?
It depenfs, what are you trying to achieve and what is your tuner capable of?

If you’re just talking fuelling, a PC will do just fine, and be great value for money. You can even plug snd play a quickshifter.

If you have a tuner who knows what they are doing with ignition curves then you’ll need at least a PCV, but those guys are few and far between.

Of course a Microtec/Nemesis does a little more, but you need to ask yourself: do I really need this? What is the more expensive Microtec going to do that a Power Commander won’t?

I have a couple of Nemesis that I’m happy with, also a simple PClll that does a great job on an old 851/926/748R hybrid, for a fraction of the cost.

Sorry, I just don’t see the point in spending money you fon’t have/need to.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
It depenfs, what are you trying to achieve and what is your tuner capable of?

If you’re just talking fuelling, a PC will do just fine, and be great value for money. You can even plug snd play a quickshifter.

If you have a tuner who knows what they are doing with ignition curves then you’ll need at least a PCV, but those guys are few and far between.

Of course a Microtec/Nemesis does a little more, but you need to ask yourself: do I really need this? What is the more expensive Microtec going to do that a Power Commander won’t?

I have a couple of Nemesis that I’m happy with, also a simple PClll that does a great job on an old 851/926/748R hybrid, for a fraction of the cost.

Sorry, I just don’t see the point in spending money you fon’t have/need to.
Short term it's mainly fueling I'm focused on.

Haven't got a tuner lined up so that's a bridge I'll have to cross when that time comes.

Considering I have a PCIII already I guess I can always start there and just keep my eyes open for fairly priced Microtec units.

Can always get both in time. Both the R's will need some new tuning after the changes I plan on doing is finished anyway.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ok, might seem like a bit out there question but I'm guessing there's quite a few people in engineering related vocations.
Anyone made any of the superbikes in CAD?

Planning on trying out some CFD work on an idea I have in mind for one of the bikes in the future. Would love to see any work people have done here and are willing to share, either public or in PM.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Did some undressing and test fitting new parts on Riley yesterday. The hunt for the right carbon fairings continues with little luck. Meanwhile I can at least use the time to clean the spots you can't get to with the fairings on.

"New" carbon race nose fairing.

Also got a new rear cowl in carbon.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Check the sales adds, I think “safe the clutch” is selling carbon fairings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
There is another option I went for tuning on my LSR 999. I am using a PE-LTD stand alone computer. It can do everything a MoTeC can. Way way cheaper!!! However, it is not a kit for a 999. So you have to fab much of it yourself...so be honest with yourself and your capabilities. Just pointing out there are other options out there for the right people.

BTW the folks at PE are top notch and really know their shit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Check the sales adds, I think “safe the clutch” is selling carbon fairings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been keeping an eye out there but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Not looking for original fairings for now. Mainly looking for unpainted "3 piece" fairings. (Side fairings and separate belly pan. Don't mind buying new but haven't found any that are pieced up like my race fairings yet. Haven't look to hard yet though. Have so many parts piled up already that it isn't really a priority yet. If someone know of any pages that carries what I described I'd love a link to it.

There is another option I went for tuning on my LSR 999. I am using a PE-LTD stand alone computer. It can do everything a MoTeC can. Way way cheaper!!! However, it is not a kit for a 999. So you have to fab much of it yourself...so be honest with yourself and your capabilities. Just pointing out there are other options out there for the right people.

BTW the folks at PE are top notch and really know their shit.
That sounds interesting. Don't really have any experience with those kinds of systems but I do have some education in both electronics and programming so that might help at least. Will for sure have to look into it at least and see what I'm up against if I decide to go that route. What kind of work did you have to do yourself to make it work if I may ask?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts