Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ohh!

Ouch! Dammit! etc. etc.

Hope you're both just banged up a little.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
White is nice because the scuffs in the paint show through to white fiberglass. At least she is a bit lighter now!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Dood - MAN DOWN!!!!

Glad you are ok!

Hurry up and get 'er back in proper order.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah sorry to hear that, I am in your shoes at the moment as well. Slowly fixing her up though...Story?
Story? Well, as you can see I didn't keep her on the track. Sure wasn't her fault. I dropped into a left hand hairpin called "the bowl" up at NHMS a little hot and during braking bottomed out my forks. Front end got messy and I had to widen my line up and off the track. I wish there was a little more run off, maybe I could have kept her up, but I pitched her down and we both ended up in the tires.
She's not too bad, some aluminum bits need to be replaced on the left side, clutch lever, shift lever and some scuffs here and there. She'll be ready to get back out there before me. I'm going to need some stainless hardware though to patch up my collarbone. Maybe I could request metric screws? From Italy?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
So there's more than one white Sport out there? When I saw the picture, I was thinking of this one: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=69288

Sorry about your crash, AJLDuc; wishing both you and the bike a speedy recovery.

Have to agree with what Renaldo said: Ti-screws are faster. :D This is experience talking: I was slowed down by mixed ss-hardware for quite a while. That's many years ago, all gone (from my body, that is) but definitely not forgotten.

RonB

·
Registered
635 Posts
Alright we are going to need a couple of pictures. One of bike before accident one after (as is) and one when she is returned to glory!

Ohhh for fun get your X-rays scanned in! :eek:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Story? Well, as you can see I didn't keep her on the track. Sure wasn't her fault. I dropped into a left hand hairpin called "the bowl" up at NHMS a little hot and during braking bottomed out my forks. Front end got messy and I had to widen my line up and off the track. I wish there was a little more run off, maybe I could have kept her up, but I pitched her down and we both ended up in the tires.
She's not too bad, some aluminum bits need to be replaced on the left side, clutch lever, shift lever and some scuffs here and there. She'll be ready to get back out there before me. I'm going to need some stainless hardware though to patch up my collarbone. Maybe I could request metric screws? From Italy?
Damn!

Sorry to see that...what kind of forks are you using?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
If titanium is faster, than what about carbon fiber? Then I could avoid those awkward rubber glove searches at the airport. Maybe I could replace the whole collarbone with a carbonfiber clutch lever? Its just about the right shape. Maybe I should photo shop one in so I could propose it to my Orthopedic surgeon today?

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ouch mate! Hope that heals soon. Carbon fibre clutch lever.....I just imagine the Orthopedic sugeons face now :)

Cheers

g.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If titanium is faster, than what about carbon fiber? Then I could avoid those awkward rubber glove searches at the airport. Maybe I could replace the whole collarbone with a carbonfiber clutch lever? Its just about the right shape. Maybe I should photo shop one in so I could propose it to my Orthopedic surgeon today?
ouchie!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dang man, sorry to hear you suffered some injury. Look at the bright side...plenty of time to fix up your stallion while recuperating!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts