Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
And that's why it's called road racing.
Ago won many of his races on those type of circuits and is why he is and always will be the real GOAT.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Awesome! I'm sure that most of us like to wick it up on a little country road from time to time but I can't conceive of racing like that. Runoffs? Curbs, mailboxes, stone fences....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I'm sure that by now their testies has have grown into the motorcycle. That is definitely a sport for a chosen few.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
early sunday morning treat with a cup of coffee...
thanks...

music is a bit weak, but whatever...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thanks for that nice mix of footage from the NW 200 and the Ulster GP. The commentator mentioned 'Lee Johnston'. At this years NW200, Johnston took 2nd in the Superstock race on an 1199.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is definitely a sport for a chosen few.
you'd think that, but to be honest most of them arent that special, just normal guys you'd meat at the pub.

it seems perfectly normal for us this kind of racing, its always been like this as we have only 3 purpose built race tracks (and 1 used to be a airfield lol) the whole atmosphere of it is amazing, very few big teams, most of the riders have themselves their bike a van and some mates, its brilliant no egos involved

i would normally spend my summers following the races around the country, they are on almost every other weekend from march untill september. i might throw some photos up on the forum actually

oh and Davy.j, you can keep rossi and ago and all of them the greatest rider that i have ever seen or heard of was Joey Dunlop, and i once had the great honour of meeting him

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
Your right... Joey was tops.

·
Registered
10 Posts
here is some onboard footage from the Killalane road race

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I think the great appeal of real roads racing is that it's a natural extension of what most of us do every weekend - ride twisty back roads at the most thrilling speed our abilities (and the lurking lawmen) allow.

We all dream of our favorite roads closed for one-way, all-lanes, full-tilt use. The Road Racers get to live our dreams.

I think that's why, despite the horrific dangers of this kind of racing, there is no shortage of eager racers, and millions of fans, worldwide.

And there is no doubt Joey Dunlop is The Greatest Real Roads Motorcycle Racer of all time, and arguably one of the Greatest Over All in the Post-Hailwood Era. Once before I leave this earth I want to sit in Joey's bar and buy his nephews Michael and William a few rounds ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts