Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a tank, side covers, and seat in the original color for my 75. Bought the bike with chopped up black bodywork, which I like as well.

Threw this on tonight, very quick hand polish, and it's looking good. Paint should clean up nicely, the rest of bike needs a lot of work - mechanical and cosmetic.

Putting this set on really made me consider having two sets. One (pictured) for getting my 70s "bad" styling going, other more cafe.

These stock lines are really growing on me...

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1342258613.526603.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1342258632.161304.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1342258659.410673.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1342258681.967616.jpg

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Banned
197 Posts
Awesome Bike! I think it's growing on me as well

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just picked up a tank, side covers, and seat in the original color for my 75. Bought the bike with chopped up black bodywork, which I like as well.

Threw this on tonight, very quick hand polish, and it's looking good. Paint should clean up nicely, the rest of bike needs a lot of work - mechanical and cosmetic.

Putting this set on really made me consider having two sets. One (pictured) for getting my 70s "bad" styling going, other more cafe.

These stock lines are really growing on me...

View attachment 114191

View attachment 114192

View attachment 114193

View attachment 114194

I love the bike! I have a 75 860 GTE and love it. I know many consider it the ugly duckling of the vintage Ducati world which makes me love it even more.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, pretty psyched on how it's looking. I plan to build a solo-seat cowl, hopefully following the diagonal line of the side covers and keeping the squared off line of the tank. Now that I have an extra seat pan, I can start mocking that up. I like the swept up tail, but the super long seat looks a bit goofy and unfinished...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah me too, very motivating! Think the project will go in a different direction now. It's a lot easier to work when there is a solid vision...

On a side note, my neighbor does full restos / race prep / etc. Has a spray booth, fiberglass shop machining, welding - you name it. Incredible.

He works a lot on vintage ducs, and is finishing up a 900 "special" for a friend. He's on stg 4 of a 6 stg paint job, and just sprayed the orange over the base coats. Very similar to the color of the bodywork I just got, but substantially better than Ducati paint. With a black base cost and silver metallic, the depth is amazing. Again, great inspiration. I'll post some pics when he puts it all together.

Funny we have all this bevel work going on in a little corner of a shitty neighborhood in San Francisco...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you post another photo of the instruments? Thanks!
Which instruments? All I have is a tach in a "race mount" of that's what you're referring to...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts