Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather permitting (and it looks good right now) DuckMan and I are taking a ride this weekend, if anyone wants to join us they are welcome, the more the merrier.
We will leave the Houston area Thursday and stay the night in the near northwest San Antonio area. Friday morning will ride through Bandera to Leakey, stop there for breakfast then ride the Three Sisters, then head for either Sanderson or Marathon for the night via Del Rio. Saturday mileage will be approx. 450. Saturday will include the loop down through Big Bend, Terlingua, Presidio and up to Marfa then the 118 loop out of Fort Davis by the observatory stopping for the night in Fort Davis. Saturday mileage will be approx. 350~400. Sunday will be slab-fest back to Houston of approx. 625 miles.
Again, if any one wants to join in let either of us know and we will coordinate with you on meeting points and times

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
man I'd love to but it's a long way to Texas. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
You Bet if I didn't have to work that weekend!!!

You bet I'd like to go...but working that weekend. Those are great roads...keep an
eye out for the deer...free range livestock and gravel in the corners. There is also
a LEO in the Leaky area that is always on the lookout for speeders. Have a safe
trip.

Jim in NB

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You bet I'd like to go...but working that weekend. Those are great roads...keep an
eye out for the deer...free range livestock and gravel in the corners. There is also
a LEO in the Leaky area that is always on the lookout for speeders. Have a safe
trip.

Jim in NB
Appreciate the heads up on the leo, too bad you can't break free.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That sounds like a good run, to bad I have to work friday. I live in san antonio. I will Probably head out to Temple Texas This weekend. They are have there annual day at the drags show. Bunch of old school hotrods drag racing. Friend from work is taking his Rat Rod Down there. Maybe next time.. Have Fun! Watch out for those crossing Varments.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Oh man that is a great plan! Hope the weather holds! Want to go, at least for the Twisted Sister part but...... I just moved into my new house (no need to wheelie past the old house now!) and still am up to my ears in scattered junk that needs to be put away! Of course on the way out of Del Rio I will keep my ears open for you to ride past, as the house is only about .7 mile from Hwy 90 towards the lake.

Enjoy the ride!

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts