Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Added some techspec tank grips. I had these on my K1200GT and really liked them. Keeps pressure off my wrists and arms in hard braking when I can grip the tank. Easy to apply and easy to remove or even move around.

Also added a touratech side stand foot plate. I add something like this on all my bikes. The only time I've ever dropped a street bike in 25 years of riding has been from the side stand sinking into the ground.

Also added a Kaoko throttle lock. I had one on another bike and found it to be the most factory-looking and high quality of all the throttle locks. There's some other nice ones out there, just my preference. A very easy installation.

I'm now about 95% done setting up the bike the way I like it. I've had it for 3 weeks but only have about 800 miles on it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
+1 on the Techspec knee grips. Perfect fit for the MTS and highly functional.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm really interested in your throttle control. It looks very nice. How is it?
Did you order it from S. Africa directly?

·
Registered
112 Posts
What are the specs o nthat top box too? I bought my 1200 used and it has a Givi rack already installed, but I guess I need to find a Givi box to mount on it. Is that what you've got? What size/model?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really interested in your throttle control. It looks very nice. How is it?
Did you order it from S. Africa directly?
I ordered it from Twisted Throttle. I put about 15k miles on a V-strom with one. They work well and they don't look like an aftermarket stick-on.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the specs o nthat top box too? I bought my 1200 used and it has a Givi rack already installed, but I guess I need to find a Givi box to mount on it. Is that what you've got? What size/model?
It's a Givi V46 Tech monokey.

·
Registered
76 Posts
be careful with the foot plate, mines grounded a couple of times! :eek:
like the idea of the throttle control but never had one, i take it its most valuable if your doing alot of motorway riding?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
like the idea of the throttle control but never had one, i take it its most valuable if your doing alot of motorway riding?
We have a lot more wide open spaces here than in the UK so it comes in handy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts