Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fabbri screen cracked while I was out riding and came across a really strong headwind. I wasn't giving in and accelerated and saw the screen start wobbling really bad... OOPS! So my brain starts going crazy :think: trying to figure out how to salvage my almost brand new screen and make it look good. I ended up bending some aluminum strips and drilled some holes and came up with what you see below. Maybe not the sexiest, but I'm darn proud of it... :D

I purchased this little leather pouch at a motorcycle trade show when I had my Harley Sportster. It has been sitting in the garage collecting dust as I have been trying to "fit" it on the bikes I have owned over the years. Well I finally found a use for it! It serves its purpose for storing little odds and ends and the little tool kit Ducati gives you has found a new home instead of being wedged in the side plastic.

Josh

·
Registered
396 Posts
looks good, I went through two of those screens, way too fragile. I hope this is good permanent solution for you.

That pic you have of that little bag just made me kick myself. I could have had one free yesterday and I gave it away :(.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
If you purchased the screen from PJ's, they will warrantee it, they are good people. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks good, I went through two of those screens, way too fragile. I hope this is good permanent solution for you.

That pic you have of that little bag just made me kick myself. I could have had one free yesterday and I gave it away :(.
I just went out for a spirited 250 mile ride today and no issues with the screen so I am pretty happy with it so far. My wife is always telling me to sell some of the moto stuff/gear I have that I "never" use. Good thing I don't listen... LOL :D

If you purchased the screen from PJ's, they will warrantee it, they are good people. Aloha Alex
I did get it from PJ's. Thanks for the info! After it broke, I used some plastic weld to put it back together and then fabricated the supports. It's holding up pretty good now and I would probably use the supports as a preventative measure if I got another one anyway.

Josh

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just went out for a spirited 250 mile ride today and no issues with the screen so I am pretty happy with it so far. My wife is always telling me to sell some of the moto stuff/gear I have that I "never" use. Good thing I don't listen... LOL :D

I did get it from PJ's. Thanks for the info! After it broke, I used some plastic weld to put it back together and then fabricated the supports. It's holding up pretty good now and I would probably use the supports as a preventative measure if I got another one anyway.

Josh
i think that is a really cool touch. Could someone please measure how far it is from the black plastic on the top of the ferring to the top of the fabbri screen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts