Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
2019 is much improved ... Save the wheels, those spoked wheels look. misplaced . I'm sure there will be some comments to the contrary.. the Dutch, like such things... Not for me. Otherwise, a tidy build. As you already know, I'm a huge fan of your exhaust . Too bad, that elegant system lyes hidden beneath that huge Reg. Plate. In the USA , I could get away with tucking a plate behind the tail. It was a valiant effort.

Reactions: flynbulldog

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Original -Shotgun exhaust on this bike... plus its aftermarket replacements .. Just horrible! IMHO

·
Bon Vivant
11,303 Posts
Blackie, your bike has always been an evolving work of art. I've always admired your taste and appreciated the work you've done and your bike has been beautiful at every step in the course of it's life. I'm not going to critique your choices because you have your own smart and tasteful style, I'm just glad that you've stuck with the streetfighter for so long, its a unique motorcycle IMO and one that will never come along again.

I still love my SF and have it just about exactly how I want it. And after 10 years I have no plans to let it go - but I'm starting to feel more like a curator these days and tend to save it for only very special rides rather than using it for everyday.

Viva la streetfighter! :wink2:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Nice work there. My bike is also unique and what I like about that is that you know you are looking at something different - definitely not a cookie cutter design. The thing makes me smile every time I walk into the garage. Even in stock form Ducatis are something special.

For example, the 2018+ Honda Goldwing DCT (the more sporty non back seat model) has caught my attention for various reasons, but when I really, really look at it, all I come away with is the thought of a two wheeled Accord. Yeah, I know it would be a great bike, but on that non fuzzy feeling, reliable appliance level.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Nice work there. My bike is also unique and what I like about that is that you know you are looking at something different - definitely not a cookie cutter design. The thing makes me smile every time I walk into the garage. Even in stock form Ducatis are something special.

For example, the 2018+ Honda Goldwing DCT (the more sporty non back seat model) has caught my attention for various reasons, but when I really, really look at it, all I come away with is the thought of a two wheeled Accord. Yeah, I know it would be a great bike, but on that non fuzzy feeling, reliable appliance level.
I'm sure your input is relevant . However, I find your comparison of a Multistrada and a Goldwing, to be misplaced, at best, and at worst , Disgusting. I think you may have wandered into the wrong department. This is the Streetfighter Forum, where balls get crushed, feelings injured, and the strong survive! That is the kindest thing I could say ... based on your post. Remain, at your own peril.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well done blackie! Hope you enjoy it a lot!

I to only ride my SF for special occasions as well. The cost of insurance is THE reason though, I only pull day permits for it. On my Multi alot though.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blackie, your bike has always been an evolving work of art. I've always admired your taste and appreciated the work you've done and your bike has been beautiful at every step in the course of it's life. I'm not going to critique your choices because you have your own smart and tasteful style, I'm just glad that you've stuck with the streetfighter for so long, its a unique motorcycle IMO and one that will never come along again.

I still love my SF and have it just about exactly how I want it. And after 10 years I have no plans to let it go - but I'm starting to feel more like a curator these days and tend to save it for only very special rides rather than using it for everyday.

Viva la streetfighter! :wink2:
Yeah I think we are treasurers of this bloody forum.
Makes me giggle all the stuff on here and FB when the new SF owners discover a new mod we did 10 years ago.
Pioneers of the PROPER SF.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Been ages since I've been on the forum, but still have my 09 SF too! Can't ever see me parting with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hehe...
Mine is 10 years old as well..
Happy memories!
Still some work to do. Sorting out of suspension for myself, trying to balance handling which is little bit on odd side, full custom map rebuild and trackday to test all!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts