Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing the charcoal canister and horn from the right side opened up the post radiator airflow, seems like it should improve cooling somewhat.
Removing the pipe that contains the wiring to the tailight assy. under the muffler (purely cosmetic.)
If you do these you will have to plug the lines that go from the intake tract to the canister (2 lines into one). If you look they are easy to see. Leave them in place but securely plugged. The line from the right side front of the tank can go from tank to bottom of fairing with no plug. The line from the left side (as determined from sitting on the bike) front of tank is a tank vent and MUST be left open and I routed it old-style along the left side of the gauge (inside the fairing) up to where the mirror mounts and terminated it inside the cover for the mirror mount with an "S" bend at the end. Very sanitary.
If you do the rear pipe removal, you must cutoff the rear "can" plug and pull off the pipe, re-solder the connection using heat shrink insulation and plastic (black/curled) wire sheath and run the line under the carbon cover and out right at the taillight assy. This also allows you to tidy up wiring in the center of the bike. About 2 hours with minimal tools and maybe $15.

·
Registered
156 Posts
actually, you can just dissemble the plug for the tail light wiring. you pull it through and then reassemble. that's what i did on my last bike (749). since it had a remus exhaust that metal tube was completely unnecessary.
that way, you don't have to worry about re-soldering the wires back together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts