Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go wild or go home. tryin not to set expectations too high, as its a liquid cooled testa head :rolleyes: even tho it is "built around" a 21" front rim. i still think the MS Version 1 dual spark would be the best ADV (dirt-side) build foundation.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sellin salami, but a fun vid..

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we're talking about a dirt-able ADV, not a dirtbike.

Reactions: USFBIOTECH

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've been to a couple desert races in 2020 including the mint 400 & some sick bastard came up with a class called 'Hooligan' where the riders are on modified sporsters, triumphs, BSA's, a couple Ducati scrambles & the winners are riding FACTORY sponsored KTM 950's so I'm not exactly shure WHAT type of bike qualify's for the hooligan class?

That being said & coming from an ex desert racer (ME) & being a sick bastard myself I'd say yes to have the chance to race one if offered faster than you could hand me the keys............If I wasn't 60 with the brains of a 14yo I'm shure you get my drift

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Interesting news! For a dirt-oriented new ADV model, hopefully it won't be based on the Multistrada or the Scrambler.
We already know it's gonna use the 937cc testastretta 11. So it will most likely be the bastard child of the new Multi V2 and the Hypermotard 950, with a 21" front wheel.
From there I'm gonna take a shot in the dark, and say the base model price tag somewhere in betweem the Hyper 950 and the Multi V2, so 14.5k, with an Adventure-ready package pushing the price at 18k, and a 3k Akra or Termi full exhaust :D

I like the idea, I'm even considering trading back my Multi V4. But knowing the price of Italian bits, I'm not sold yet...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AFAIC a V4 for fire roads and bunny slope dual track is the answer to the question nobody asked. Like a V12 Ferrari crossover sedan.

·
Registered
585 Posts
We already know it's gonna use the 937cc testastretta 11. So it will most likely be the bastard child of the new Multi V2 and the Hypermotard 950, with a 21" front wheel.
From there I'm gonna take a shot in the dark, and say the base model price tag somewhere in betweem the Hyper 950 and the Multi V2, so 14.5k, with an Adventure-ready package pushing the price at 18k, and a 3k Akra or Termi full exhaust :D

I like the idea, I'm even considering trading back my Multi V4. But knowing the price of Italian bits, I'm not sold yet...
If your correct this 'thing' sounds like somebody in accounting wants to rid a dusty area in some off site warehouse of dead inventory while marketing sells it

3 Ducati employees get pissed (drunk) one day 1 from marketing, 1 from accounting & the janitor started talking about some crazy hooligan bike idea while drawing it on a bar napkin one upping each other adding another deranged thought on top of another while having to do shots each time the other 2 gasped or giggled in disbelief from the idea.

No way in hell will it sell......It's stupid.......can't be ridden.

I present you the 2008 Ducati hypermotard 1100

1 - 15 of 15 Posts