Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I know, I thought the same thing when I saw them sweeping across my screen but times are hard and I'm sure the site needs fundage. If Harley wants to try and get money from this crowd with Buells then good luck to them...:cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I love Firefox and adblock.
+1 When I use another computer that only has IE, I am amazed at how many ads and banners are on every website.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Not a big fan of the rollover ad with the flash video. The funny one is the ad for the 2010 Blast. Click on it and watch the video.

The only good Buell is a smashed Buell, says I.

The link takes you here for those of you with your clever ad blockers

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The original owners tried to run the site with contributions from users--but only a few people kicked in.

-M

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love Firefox and adblock.
BTW, CouchFlyer, I just noticed your bike collection list. TWO Yamaha Visions?

Waaay back, the Yamaha dealer in my hometown (a very good family friend) would occasionally ask me about bikes, what the magazines were saying, etc. He wasn't going to order any Visions, but I told him that the mag editors were hot on them!

So...he ordered one. It sat...and sat...and sat on the showroom floor. Keep in mind, this was the early 80's, so a lot of Japanese bikes were sedentary on dealer floors. However, when he finally did sell it, the buyer loved it! Frequently stopped back in, singing the bike's praises, etc!

Good story! Although my dealer buddy would never again ask me for my advice on inventory!

Kent
www.backtrackvideo.com

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yep!

When I opened the page, there it was!

I say...not cool.
Come on now, this forum is an incredible resource and people like us who don't kick in significantly at all have no place to bitch and moan about where they get their revenue.

This site is excellent as far as forums go, you should be thanking the admin instead of whining.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm fairly sure that the people doling out corporate advertising time and dollars are not too intelligent. I think half of this season of motorcycle racing on Speed went by where I had to see that stupid "Wrecked" advertisement in the upper right corner before they figured out that the people watching bikes are not interested in watching morons driving tow trucks.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Wow, hope you're never on the side or wrecked when a Buell rider goes by and says the same about you. Little harsh on your fellow riders, aren't you?

Not a big fan of the rollover ad with the flash video. The funny one is the ad for the 2010 Blast. Click on it and watch the video.

The only good Buell is a smashed Buell, says I.

The link takes you here for those of you with your clever ad blockers

·
Señor Member
8,232 Posts
So you guys with Yamaha, Kawasaki and KTM listed as your other bikes, that's OK on this Ducati site as long as there are no Harleys mentioned, huh? I am here to find out things about my bike or to ask for help with things I don't know from a lot of knowledgeable people. Pretty good site for no money. I hardly notice there are ads for other things. Guess it's just how much you allow other things to affect you. But that's just me.

"in God we trust"

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Kent, nice Vision story, most people don't know what they are. The Visions are relatively cheap to purchase and pretty fun to drive. What I really like is riding my SPS after riding the Vision.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep!

When I opened the page, there it was!

I say...not cool.
Give me a FUC*#%G break dude. Pull your carbon fiber ducati red stuck up nose (cone) out of the air and fall back. Have you donated funds to this amazing forum? If so good job and if not let's start there. Maybe if there's enough revenue from people who are too good for other bikes that ms dare advertise then they'll take the buells off. This is my #1 beef with this community, s-n-o-b-s.

Want to flame something? Allow me to supply you with some fuel: I have 1/4 inch chicken strips, I Aldo ride a Suzuki and I just bought my girl an 09 Kawi ninja 250, I don't earn alot of money however I bought an airplane last month to support my flying habit; sadly not a ducati. Just a lowly cessna c-172r. Oh, it's a 2002... So it's not new. Flame me on that too. My grammer was intentionally atrocious too so go ahead and flame that.

I say 2 wheels are godly in the way they make me feel. Flame on haters: a motorcycle of any sort is a beautiful thing.

Oh... And I plan on buying a chopper (motorcycle) in the future.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Almost forgot: I don't drive a Bimmer, Benz or Bentley but
I do drive an 07 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. Oh yeah and my cars, 3 bikes and airplane are paid for.

I'm happy being underemployed and young. I'm happy
that every car, bike and other hobbies make people smile and enjoy their earnings. I am even happy when I see a Buell advertisment on my ducati forum. Because it has two wheels, and when I am on two wheels I feel a step away from being richer than god.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Getting upset about a Buell ad is kind of pointless. I may not like Buells but I like that Erik Buell has the stones to build the bikes he likes. Many years ago when Laverda was building triples the head of the company was asked why his bikes were so different from everyone else's? His response was "If you don't like my bikes, buy someone else's bike" I like anyone who builds bikes that give us a choice. Choice is very very good! We do not ride run of the mill bikes, we should embrace bikes that are not run of the mill. Or we will find ourselves riding bikes that are more like refrigerators then what we ride now.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow, hope you're never on the side or wrecked when a Buell rider goes by and says the same about you. Little harsh on your fellow riders, aren't you?
Definitely took that the wrong way. Watch the ad and then figure it out. They put a brand new Buell in the crusher. I wasn't wishing ill upon any riders with that line.

·
Registered
105 Posts
As much as I love Ducs, I've always had a soft spot for Buell's styling and innovation. I'm just not a fan of the way HD has neglected the brand and run them into the ground. I'd like to see what Erik Buell would be able to put together if he had the backing of a major sportbike manufacturer.

I love riding all things two-wheels and refuse to put down any manufacturer or riders thereof.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts