Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say thanks to the two awesome forum members who generously gave their time and shared their knowledge to help me tune and balance my 2003 ST4s this afternoon. My bike feels like a different machine now and I never could have done it without them. I look forward to "passing it on" to help others in the future in any way I can.

Thanks Dan and Mike! You guys were really down to earth and super cool, and sharing your delicious homemade chili was just icing on the cake, what a great day!

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
Glad to finally meet you! Whenever you're ready to dig into that valve adjustment, let me know.

The Chili was all Lisa. You can be sure if I had anything to do with it, it would have gone the way of my garage laptop... Mike saved the day with his cool wireless widget.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
This kind of post gets me all warm and fuzzy inside and makes me want to move to Coventry....

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks to the two awesome forum members who generously gave their time and shared their knowledge to help me tune and balance my 2003 ST4s this afternoon. My bike feels like a different machine now and I never could have done it without them. I look forward to "passing it on" to help others in the future in any way I can.

Thanks Dan and Mike! You guys were really down to earth and super cool, and sharing your delicious homemade chili was just icing on the cake, what a great day!
Nice to meet you Tosaw. It was a fun afternoon.

Glad to finally meet you! Whenever you're ready to dig into that valve adjustment, let me know.

The Chili was all Lisa. You can be sure if I had anything to do with it, it would have gone the way of my garage laptop... Mike saved the day with his cool wireless widget.
Tell Lisa the chili was great! Kept me warm on the way home! Bluetooth baby...everything is better with Bluetooth! :grin2:

This kind of post gets me all warm and fuzzy inside and makes me want to move to Coventry....
You'll need that warm and fuzzy feeling if you move out now Scott...it's getting COLD! I wish I had brought my heated gear! :laugh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you do the basic set up on it?
Yes I believe so, we performed a throttle body synch and balanced the cylinders via vacuum guage and gas analyzer. However Dan and Mike discovered that someone has been into the bike before and possibly pressed the dreaded TPS Reset as the values weren't where they should be. I've been doing a bit of research on what to do about that and I'll start a new thread on the subject as I begin to understand it a little better.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yes I believe so, we performed a throttle body synch and balanced the cylinders via vacuum guage and gas analyzer. However Dan and Mike discovered that someone has been into the bike before and possibly pressed the dreaded TPS Reset as the values weren't where they should be. I've been doing a bit of research on what to do about that and I'll start a new thread on the subject as I begin to understand it a little better.
if you read the file out of the ecu and flash it back in again it may "reset" it. i've done that before and had it give a seemingly appropriate result.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I'm super jealous right now as I sit here shivering while pondering a move to a warmer and drier climate, Arizona sounds nice.
It was 88 in Sacramento yesterday and we are looking at the same today. Tomorrow will be a chilly 77 :grin2:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Cold is the absence of heat. :wink2:

Depending what part of AZ it may be cold and way too freaking hot at different times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts