Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an unregistered 2005 9R in November last year but I have not been able to register it in the UK as it came without a CoC. The DVLA will not register it without a CoC. Ducati in Italy have been slightly less than useless and after 4 months of calls and emails, I am giving up and going to try to get it through an MSVA in the UK. (Ducati UK just relay everything to Italy and add at least a week either side of every email or phone call).

So has anybody here got experience of the MSVA? How tough are they on noise?

Would anybody have a street legal exhaust for a 2005 9R for sale? Mine says "Race only" all over it!!

thanks
TF

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
I don't know about the UK, but I bought an unregistered (new) 2003 999R in 2007 in Italy, and it took me a year to finally get all the paperwork in order to register it, as I had imported it two months after the switch to Euro-3!

Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought an unregistered 2005 9R in November last year but I have not been able to register it in the UK as it came without a CoC. The DVLA will not register it without a CoC. Ducati in Italy have been slightly less than useless and after 4 months of calls and emails, I am giving up and going to try to get it through an MSVA in the UK. (Ducati UK just relay everything to Italy and add at least a week either side of every email or phone call).

So has anybody here got experience of the MSVA? How tough are they on noise?

Would anybody have a street legal exhaust for a 2005 9R for sale? Mine says "Race only" all over it!!

thanks
TF
Not sure about the specific situation in the UK, but in all continental EU countrys it`s not possible becuase of the Euro 3 homlogation rules. It`s not just a matter of a street or race can, the bike is not homologated after euro 3.
The only chance i see there is buy a former EU or UK registrated 999R Frame and build the bike around that frame.
That will be the most cheapest and fastes way to get it on the road.

cheers
Chris

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
Not sure about the specific situation in the UK, but in all continental EU countrys it`s not possible becuase of the Euro 3 homlogation rules. It`s not just a matter of a street or race can, the bike is not homologated after euro 3.
The only chance i see there is buy a former EU or UK registrated 999R Frame and build the bike around that frame.
That will be the most cheapest and fastes way to get it on the road.

cheers
Chris
Otherwise, it should be no problem to register it in Italy, as it was manufactured there and thus they use the date of manufacture rather than date of importation to determine which homologation rules apply.

For Switzerland it is the date of importation for vehicles not manufactured in Switzerland, but the date of manufacture if manufactured in Switzerland, which is why I had a problem.

In the end, I got a letter from Ducati stating that due to low production numbers, there was a one-year exemption of applying the Euro3.

Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for advice. I think that I can get it through the MSVA test if I fix the exhaust because the test is designed for builder's specials - to test that the one off special is roadworthy. Not sure about emissions though! This is my theory and no I'm not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts