Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All I am new here, and new to Ducati ownership as of a few weeks.

I have a track toy, 749s fitted with a 999s US spec motor and would love to know more about it.
Firstly it runs like a dog, a two legged dog, at mid or hard throttle openings, bogging down and then clearing but then not reving out.
I suspect its just a PC set up that is incorrect, can anyone tell me more about them? Is it possible to copy someone elses settings just by fiddling?

I have a full Titanium Termi System, Power comander, and quick shifter, slipper clutch too. (all the kit an still s**t some might say!)

Also anyone know what the US spec part of the motor means?

Heres a pic if anyones interested. Anyone in the Uk and going to Snetteron at all?

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
take it to a dyno and have a custom map done.
it looks like he has the 03/04 999S motor; the cam cover does not match the 05/06 motor (maybe he changed it) and from the picture I don't see the deep sump.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This does not appear to be a deep sump engine. The maintenance cap of the screen filter usually protrudes below the lower edge of the fairing.

My input to this is if you're going to spend time and money to dyno tune the bike anyways, spend the extra money on a Nemesis ECU and do it right. Many will dissagree but I don't like sticking on "fix-it" boxes on a bike or car.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
fyi all 999s engines in north america are ''deep sump'' .year dosn't matter (is your motor?).i would assume your running the 749 ecu,this puts you in a grey area fuel and ignition map wise.unless someone can compare stock ecu specifics.the pc111 can be altered on your home computer if you have the software.begin richening the problem areas(rpm areas) and it also has an ''accelerator pump''feature that can be used to tune out flat spots

1 - 6 of 6 Posts