Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

I have a line on a set of radial 999S Ohlins forks and 999S triple clamps, with the intention of fitting them on my base model 749.

After much searching, I recognize the lower triples are 56mm, and I'll have to source radial calipers and lines, but what has come up is will the 999S triple clamps work with the base 749 as I don't have the adjustable headstock?

If not, what other options exist for mounting these Ohlins forks to the base 749. Is there a reasonably price aftermarket lower that would work? I see the 1098S lower is the same part number as the 999S lower and its not adjustable, would it work with the eccentric adjuster removed, or is the diameter of the bearing or length of the tube different?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated, or comments on what I may also be overlooking with this intended swap. I haven't bought the forks just yet, but have a set available

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hello

I have a line on a set of radial 999S Ohlins forks and 999S triple clamps, with the intention of fitting them on my base model 749.

After much searching, I recognize the lower triples are 56mm, and I'll have to source radial calipers and lines, but what has come up is will the 999S triple clamps work with the base 749 as I don't have the adjustable headstock?

If not, what other options exist for mounting these Ohlins forks to the base 749. Is there a reasonably price aftermarket lower that would work? I see the 1098S lower is the same part number as the 999S lower and its not adjustable, would it work with the eccentric adjuster removed, or is the diameter of the bearing or length of the tube different?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated, or comments on what I may also be overlooking with this intended swap. I haven't bought the forks just yet, but have a set available

You have the "E" frame from Ducati. That means you'll need the longer stem on the lower triple then what comes on the "S". I did the same thing and learned the hard way! I bought a DucShop triple (28mm) for when I did the swap. The forks themselves hook right up, axle, capliers, etc. other then the stem, everything is a plug and play deal. PM me if you want more details

1 - 2 of 2 Posts