Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am swapping a 999s motor into my 916 and need some advice on the fuel lines.

Using 998 throttle bodies to avoid cutting the frame and the 999 injectors so I can keep the entire 999 wiring harness intact. The fuel line setup on the 999 injectors has only one fuel input line and no return line, while the 916 fuel tank has two fuel lines ( i assume one supply and one return maybe?). Is the 999 fuel system a return-less system? Is it just a matter of running a single line from the 916 tank to the injector fuel line or is there a return line required in the set up, and where would that return line originate from?

Ive tried researching a bit and looking up pictures of the fuel line configuration on the 999, and I've only seen one that looked like it has a return line just "T'd" off the supply line. Seems like a strange setup to me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You'll need a 998 airbox
999 run a return line. It it just a t piece before the injectors.

You will need to lower the cross brace, as per 998

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just posted a build thread, those are all great ideas that I am already implementing ;)

So the T is on the supply line that just runs back to the tank?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts