Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 999RS ECU be usable on a 999R? The one I've seen looks like the same type of ECU (physically) but obviously the maps are different, there's no immobilizer etcetera. How does one program the RS ECU? I've heard software costing ten thousand dollars mentioned!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh so it is. :eek: Thanks Tye - you gave me the jolt I needed to actually check the 999RS service manual I downloaded ages ago! 999RS has the MF5 which, going by the MF3 and MF4 pics I've found, is physically totally different!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
There are some so called Superstock ECUs floating around. They usually include more RPM and are made for open exhaust systems and - I think (!) - a larger airbox.

My friend has one, works well with a PC3. If I were you, I wouldn´t waste the money on one. You can send your 999 ECU to TomTom (www.hypertrick.net) and get the redline increased and such funny things.

What are you trying to achieve with the ECU Rod?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ben I am planning to get a Nemesis some time but happened across this "999RS" ECU a couple of weeks ago. I had looked at Hypertriks ECU's but I'll have ongoing fiddling and may need to switch between two maps for Termi system and the standard system so that's why I'm onto a Nemesis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts