Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

999rs brake discs on 749r

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Dennie 
#1 · (Edited)
I’m looking to put some 999rs discs... 320mm with 10mm offset on a 749R track bike...
Just wondering if anyone had suggestions for which calipers are going to work best...as in fitment.
Price wise the sky seems to be the limit but of course I want to keep costs down ...

#3 ·
5mm spacers under the rotors and Brembo M4's work without further adjustment. The RS rotors are narrowband so most calipers will have clearance issues with the floater buttons. On my HPK's I had to grind a bit off the pads.

Attachments

#5 ·
Thanks Jusutus..... did you have to make spacers or are they available to purchase somewhere ?
What calipers would be needed for the narrowband discs if you didn’t want to grind brake pads... I assume a race spec brembo.....

#6 ·
I had them made locally, cost 40€. Not sure if the five bolt versions are available, all I've seen are the six bolt ones for Tamburini bikes.

Race spec Brembos are for narrowband rotors, yes. But as mentioned the M4's work as well and require no mods (apart from brake lines, 1098 ones are a direct fit). And they are a whole lot cheaper than any proper race caliper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.