Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my modded 848 for this 2006 999R Xerox with 600 miles on it. It's in excellent condition, and I love the way it feels, bigger than the 848 but better handling. A few pics-

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Gorgeous

Just stunning, the all black cockpit looks nice great find. Be safe and have fun with it.

Regards

·
Registered
748 Posts
LOVE it!!!
I woulda done the same thing. Just the fact htat 848s and 1098's seem to be a dime a dozen these days, that Xerox really stands out!
Only way to top it woulda been a Fila :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found this one on consignment at Spectrum in Irvine. 480 miles and bone stock. When the 999 came out, I thought it was the most beautiful bike I had ever seen. The longer I have had it, the better it gets. It was WAY before its time.

Ride safe

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Gorgeous bike, smart move. The 999 bodystyle will stay contemporary for years. Man, I'm so happy I bought my 999R, best buy I have ever made.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I found this one on consignment at Spectrum in Irvine. 480 miles and bone stock. When the 999 came out, I thought it was the most beautiful bike I had ever seen. The longer I have had it, the better it gets. It was WAY before its time.
It has some trick bits by the looks - Disciatti rear caliper, Zard exhaust (but with Arrow sticker?) and fancy footpegs. Looks great!!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I traded in my modded 848 for this 2006 999R Xerox with 600 miles on it. It's in excellent condition, and I love the way it feels, bigger than the 848 but better handling. A few pics-
Congratulations on your new bike. These are great machines - arguably the finest build quality and they drive sooo sweet. Enjoy.

What number do you have (on the triple clamp)?

L.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations on your new bike. These are great machines - arguably the finest build quality and they drive sooo sweet. Enjoy.

What number do you have (on the triple clamp)?

L.
#193 on the triple clamp, if I am not mistaken 300 Xerox editions were made. I think only the parts unlimited 2007 999r was made in smaller numbers, 200 I think. I really like the Xerox livery and the Fila livery, not so much the
Parts Unlimited livery, but all 999's are special. :) +1 on the build quality, it really is better than the 1098 series. Everything just feels solid on this bike. The dealer had a base 999 there as well, when I sat on it the weight difference is like night and day, I dont know what the difference is but the base 999 felt like it weighed at least 50 pounds more than the R. I am 6'2 and 220 pounds, I dont feel like I am too big for this bike whereas on the 848 I did feel too big for it.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,073 Posts
#193 on the triple clamp, if I am not mistaken 300 Xerox editions were made. I think only the parts unlimited 2007 999r was made in smaller numbers, 200 I think. I really like the Xerox livery and the Fila livery, not so much the
Parts Unlimited livery, but all 999's are special. :) +1 on the build quality, it really is better than the 1098 series. Everything just feels solid on this bike. The dealer had a base 999 there as well, when I sat on it the weight difference is like night and day, I dont know what the difference is but the base 999 felt like it weighed at least 50 pounds more than the R. I am 6'2 and 220 pounds, I dont feel like I am too big for this bike whereas on the 848 I did feel too big for it.
I believe the 2007 Parts Unlimited was "only" available as an "S".

Beautiful bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Ride safe

The 999R Xerox is my personal favorite bike other than the Desmo. The one we have for sale just reinforced my passion for these bikes. They are rare, fast, sound awesome, and look amazing what else could a person want from a bike. The bike we have also has a lot of upgrades, if you guys are interested feel free to come down and take a look.

Ali

·
Registered
21 Posts
PHP:
It has some trick bits by the looks - Disciatti rear caliper, Zard exhaust (but with Arrow sticker?) and fancy footpegs. Looks great!!
It was stock when I bought it, and I even promised my wife that I wouldnt be changing much. Well that lasted about one week.

I just put on the zard and power commander and it runs pretty well with a canned map for a 06 r with the large termi. Of course, that map is over the termi ecu that came with the bike.

I also went +3 on the rear with a 520 and that really snapped up the low end.

So far, this thing is just outstanding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Ali

Show this to Johnny O and see if it looks familiar. You cant have this one back for any amount of money.

Ride safe

Tim

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Yes, the Parts Unlimited bike is a 999S. I also agree with the comparison between the Xerox and the 999 and 999S. Jump on a 999S after being on the Xerox and the 999S feels like you are driving a truck.

I understand that they manufactured 324 Xerox bikes.

L

·
Registered
620 Posts
Congrats, 848freak! Great looking bike you've got there.

Maybe it's time you change that nick of yours? ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Once again........

> 999R MY06 - no. 190
>
> 999R XEROX MY06 - no. 324
>
>
>
> We hope we have been useful to you.
>
> Kind regards,
>
>
>
> FRANCESCA SOLA
>
> Customer Service
>
> Ducati Motor Holding Spa
>
> Borgo Panigale - Italy

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats, 848freak! Great looking bike you've got there.

Maybe it's time you change that nick of yours? ;)
Actually I was going to ask, if a mod is reading this can you change my name to 999freak? Or if i can do it myself let me know how, I looked but couldn't find a way to do it.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
yes, beautiful motorcycle indeed. congrats on the purchase and enjoy it in good health.

cheers!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts