Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what i meant was, do they come in different flavors, some with paint on the bike side and some without. I found one without paint, but the only ones I have seen are over sprayed or painted.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I can look at mine when I get home tonight and see what they look like on the inside.

·
Registered
70 Posts
new set

I just got a new set. I will pull them from the boxes and check them out tonight.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
546 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
over spray it is

my new fairings have over spray.....

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
All Xerox OEM body is painted the same. Light overspray, there should also be a yellow label under the clear coat on the back with panel info. The pic of the panel that are almost completely red on back is not OEM paint, 100% those are repainted

BTW I have ordered 3 sets of replacement xerox fairing and sent them all back. All had defects, air runner holes were not formed correctly, chips, cracks etc. I have 1 full spare set as the set on mine came repainted when I purchased it and wanted an OEM set. That and my full termi burned the carbon. I have added extra heatshielding to protect the new set. If you bought replacement parts recently check them you may have gotten one of the defectives ones I sent back

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
All of the panels in pics are not OEM paint. All have been repainted fully or touched up. Ducati does not overspray the the large yellow part label which is hand signed and appears on the upper right side on the back of OEM panels.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All Xerox OEM body is painted the same. Light overspray, there should also be a yellow label under the clear coat on the back with panel info. The pic of the panel that are almost completely red on back is not OEM paint, 100% those are repainted

BTW I have ordered 3 sets of replacement xerox fairing and sent them all back. All had defects, air runner holes were not formed correctly, chips, cracks etc. I have 1 full spare set as the set on mine came repainted when I purchased it and wanted an OEM set. That and my full termi burned the carbon. I have added extra heatshielding to protect the new set. If you bought replacement parts recently check them you may have gotten one of the defectives ones I sent back
once again I apologize for my lack of clarity. In my original post, two panels are Xerox ones, the ones with the red paint are 999R panels, and I would agree that they must be repainted.
The one picture without any over spray is a xerox panel that was on ebay, which from your explanation would be OEM.
thanks,
david

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
None of the panels pic posted are original paint. The xerox panels have been repainted or are not oem panels. That is not how the overspray looks and the dead give away is there is no visible yellow tag. Here is one of my factory original all oem paint sides. Ducati never sprays over this tag

Attachments

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
None of the panels pic posted are original paint. The xerox panels have been repainted or are not oem panels. That is not how the overspray looks and the dead give away is there is no visible yellow tag. Here is one of my factory original all oem paint sides. Ducati never sprays over this tag
great info, thanks.
I believe the sticker is sprayed over on mine, will check tonight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts