Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All -

Haven't posted here in forever - hope everyone is well.

I have a line on a very low mile (under 600) 2006 999r (not the fila or Xerox - just the standard). Bike was ridden briefly and put into storage mode. Its not a zero mile collector bike, but very close to it. I'm sure the bike will require a new battery, belts, tires, fluid flush and few other bits. Otherwise I am told it is pristine.

I'm looking for a general consensus on value. Thoughts?

Thanks -

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
CA prices vary toward higher.

I've seen them go for around 12K in a couple parts of the country. Nice bikes too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know - thanks. I've seen them range based on mileage, condition and modifications. I think that sounds right though.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
I would not think it wild if current service records were provided, new tires, belts, etc. to see 15-16k. (If it's red)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is red and bone stock - completely unmolested. It has not had its first service though @ 600 because he never got there. Im a little worried about the condition of the hoses, oil, if theres old gas etc. Im not 100% sure if he had everything drained. Going to see it next week so I'll know more soon.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
There is a shop in LA called Iconic Motorbikes that deals with rare high-quality used bikes like yours. It is like they took my personal bucket list and put them all for sale.

I think they take them on consignment too. They would probably be able to guide you through the correct path to sell and maximize sales price. Servicing the bikes with the items you listed might be $1000 at a dealer? Add fuel lines and filter to that list too. But if you did that and the bike was fresh and ready to ride, you might find you could ask more ($18k IMO) and it will sell faster.

Red '06 R is still highly desirable with that mileage, effectively a new bike (after it is serviced).

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
There is a shop in LA called Iconic Motorbikes that deals with rare high-quality used bikes like yours. It is like they took my personal bucket list and put them all for sale.

I think they take them on consignment too. They would probably be able to guide you through the correct path to sell and maximize sales price. Servicing the bikes with the items you listed might be $1000 at a dealer? Add fuel lines and filter to that list too. But if you did that and the bike was fresh and ready to ride, you might find you could ask more ($18k IMO) and it will sell faster.

Red '06 R is still highly desirable with that mileage, effectively a new bike (after it is serviced).
Wait. Isn't he trying to buy the bike, not sell it? Maybe I'm confused.

Reactions: Jyrki

·
Registered
52 Posts
I purchased one in February with 8k miles bone stock in Houston. If you send me a pm I’ll tell what I purchased it for to give you some kind of gauge on price.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Iconic is right down the street from me - going to stop by this week for a drool. They have one up for sale right now actually.

I’m looking for valuation to use in a trade. The bike would be coming to me -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts