Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Magneti Marelli (or any aftermarket supplier) offer an ECU upgrade with traction control for the 999 range? This could become a trackday essential, fast.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Does Magneti Marelli (or any aftermarket supplier) offer an ECU upgrade with traction control for the 999 range? This could become a trackday essential, fast.
Actually no... You'd be amazed that most people (99%) don't use traction control. There is only a small group of people who are riding fully sponsored factory machines that use it. My suggestion; spend money on suspension and tires, before even thinking about TC.

Microtech's new ECU is "suppose" to have TC functionality, but we're all waiting to see. It also might be only available on the three bikes that come with TC stock (Streetfighter S, 1198S, 1198R)

The Bazzaz system is slowly becoming available as time goes on, but we'll see about that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Not that I know of.

You can get plenty of aftermarket systems for your 999R, like the aforementioned Bazzaz TCS, Motec offer a sophisticated one as I hear (expensive and complicated). There should be many options out there. Talk to a shop who does lots of racing. Ducshop or demontech on this forum.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The last time I talked to Mark at Ducshop they didn't have TC for the 999 yet. When I spoke with Bazzaz they didn't have a kit for the 999 ready or in the works. I do have a Bazzaz TC kit for my R6 track bike but have yet to install it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The last time I talked to Mark at Ducshop they didn't have TC for the 999 yet. When I spoke with Bazzaz they didn't have a kit for the 999 ready or in the works. I do have a Bazzaz TC kit for my R6 track bike but have yet to install it.
Hypothetically speaking, this would be very easy for Bazzaz to do. The same hardware for the 1098 should work on the 999 with different software settings, etc.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The Microtec ECU allows for TC, but you have to buy the TC kit. Don't know how much, how does it work or even if it's available, though....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Microtec supports DTC (to extra kit to buy) so only has TC on 1098R, 1198S and SFS, they have not released their own afordable TC system yet. As Ben710 said, there has always been real TC avail at a price, about $5K to start.
The Microtec ECU allows for TC, but you have to buy the TC kit. Don't know how much, how does it work or even if it's available, though....

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Microtec supports DTC (to extra kit to buy) so only has TC on 1098R, 1198S and SFS, they have not released their own afordable TC system yet. As Ben710 said, there has always been real TC avail at a price, about $5K to start.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts