Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheers all,
Purchased the Ducati Performance Termignoni slipon exhaust and down pipe for my 2005 999R. I also picked up the race ECU from a forum member a couple of days ago(Thanks Jason). I plan on doing the install myself with the help of one of our techs. My question is regarding the ECU installation. Is this plug and play or are there adjustments required to throttle position etc?
Anyone that can offer advice on doing this job properly your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Hey Manny when you install the ECU, I would remove the battery ground cable first. Then remove the ground cable that attaches to the ECU. The two harness clips to the ECU, you remove them by rotating them half a turn. Don't forget the ECU ground cable when you install your race ecu.

And yes, you should have your tps reset.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason!
Sounds like I should have the dealer install that ECU and reset tps. Not something I'm qualified to tackle.
I should be OK to ride the bike with the Termi and stock ECU until I get that done right?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
It's not difficult, but removing the heat shield little screws and the clips for the ECU can be a pain. And you'll need the dealer to reset your TPS to the new ECU anyways so might as well pay them the 1 hour rate or so to install/reset the tps.

You'll be fine running on the stock ecu. I was running on stock for a while until I had a chance to add a Powercommander and custom map.

·
Registered
51 Posts
After several tries at running the ecu for my slip on with some minor adjustements ( i have an 03 999), I finally got a powercommander and had a custom map made on the dyno. as suggested above i had the tps reset before that mapping. this took care of ALL of my issues and the bike has never run better (especially in the heat at the track).

·
Registered
51 Posts
ps- had the headers and muffler ceramic coated too. this really lowered the ass roasting properties of that exhaust system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts