Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
Actually, most manufacturer's 190/55 will raise the bike's rear about 5mm higher than their 190/50, so you'll need to reset the rear ride height to keep the handling the same if you're moving from a 190/50.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tar

So it will fit fine ??????

Im thinking if I just leave it, it will sharpen up the steering ???? Plus I weigh a ton so all should be good.

Thanks Gum

·
Ducati Ambassador to the Vatican
299 Posts
It's not that simple.

The bike has a 5.5" rear wheel. The 190/55 is designed for a 6" wheel.

Putting a 190/50 on the bike as factory OEM was kind of stupid in the
first place. Most probably it was done for looks.

The 190/55 will work but you will have to adjust the ride hight (as previouesly posted).
The shape of the tire will be distorted because of the narrower rim so it's not the ideal combination. The handling over the 190/50will definitely improve because of the more round profile of the 190/55.

The best choice in my humble opinion is a 180/55. This size is designed for
the 5.5" rim and fits perfect. Handling over the 190/50 is like night and day.
Granted, there is a little less contact patch than with the 190. I have the
180's on both of my 999R's and love em.

·
Registered
49 Posts
+1 on 180/55.

Makes it easier to turn the bike. I wouldn't worry too much about ride height unless you are tracking your bike.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I only run my R on the track but I always run a 180 on it. On the street I usually would go back to the 190 b/c I always had them lying around due to my other litre bikes. Handling is better on the 180!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Back to your original question...yes, it will fit but may interfere with some rear huggers which fit quite close to the factory tire profile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts