Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday, Im about to put a deposit on a 999R 2006 Xerox. Before I do I thought I would just run this pass you guys

VIN: ZDM1UB5W76B017493 Engine: UB56014014

Can one tell its correct.

Thanks Gum

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
I would send the VIN and motor number to your regional or national Ducati HQ. Our equivalent is Ducati NA here in the States.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Gday, Im about to put a deposit on a 999R 2006 Xerox. Before I do I thought I would just run this pass you guys

VIN: ZDM1UB5W76B017493 Engine: UB56014014

Can one tell its correct.

Thanks Gum
You got yourself a real 'R' sir. Warranty registered 6.30.07 and expired 6.29.09
It's got no outstaning recalls of any kind. Original owner was Mr.J Tiongson.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Whoah, when did they switch over the VIN's for the hot models starting with ZDMH to ZDM1???

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Mine's an 06 with ZDM1

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Ah ha. We've had that whole thing about "the last of the handmade Ducatis", the thread about the "last handmade Ducati (from Varese)" and now we can have one about the "last Ducati homologation special" That'd be the 2004 or 2005 999R?? :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tar

Thanks so much for that info, it means a lot to me. I will post some pics of her when I get it home. I do feel embarrassed to be called sir but. I know its an American [ southern thing ] but here in OZ its a term used by someone that is cowering to a person in authority. Thus should never be used, saying that I have spent a lot time in the US and respect the use of it. If you have any other info I would love to have it, I take it was CA delivered and was a repo. Thanks Gum

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
There's only one thing - and it may be nothing at all. They made 324 Xerox bikes. As I understand it, the factory set aside a block of serial numbers for said bikes. VIN # 6B016837 is Xerox #0071. If this bike is VIN 017493, that would make it Xerox number 0727. Like I said, it may be nothing. It's just that all the Xerox VIN numbers that I have seen match correspondingly and consecutively with the bike number on the triple clamp.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats i have a 05 999r and i love it, its an awesome bike. Why are you concerned with the v number as long as it is a legit 999r whats the problem. The cosmetics alone with give it away if its a real r if you knoe what to look for. Anyways again congrats you will love it. I do love the 1098, ( comming form a 916), but there is just someting about a 999 especially an R that is just unique. I have often thought about selling mine, because of the obvious new bike, but every time I look at mine in the garage I just love it. Enjoy it its an awesome bike, I just wished I didnt pay full price for mine in 05 seeing how they are rather cheap now, with the economy and such. A side note, at least drop a tooth in the front make a huge difference. Pls post pics love to see it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will do

I will put a lot of pics up here for all to see. I have bought a cheap fairing set for the track and will get a tank as well. Are all 999 tanks the same, EG can I buy a 03 999 tank for it for track days ??????? Im getting a 520 chain kit and going 3 teeth bigger on the rear, ?????? Thoughts ????

Thanks Gum

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
999r

Gday to all, well I got the bike, in a bit over two and half hours it was in the car, as you see I got it home and she is getting back together, I will detail it all very soon. Thanks Gum

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Correct

Quite correct, it would not fit in the car, a Dodge Journey, so it had to come apart, plus a complete bike does fit into a suitcase does it. Here is a pic of it in the Dodge. Thanks Gum.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Quite correct, it would not fit in the car, a Dodge Journey, so it had to come apart, plus a complete bike does fit into a suitcase does it. Here is a pic of it in the Dodge. Thanks Gum.

Geeze, I think you could have rented a truck or trailer and saved yourself some headache. But, nice packing job. :D

1 - 20 of 119 Posts