Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performed this work awhile back - 2005 999R - but just came across the photos I thought were lost.

Due to a nagging shoulder injury, the customer wanted his 999R to be more comfortable to ride so a few modification to the handlebars and seat were in order.

Beautiful NCR titanium handlebars with billet anodized aluminum clamps, laser engraved and ti hardware. Much nicer looking than the factory cast pieces, certainly deserving of this 999R especially with the Rizoma billet reservoirs. Also, Ducati Performance seat with custom black suede upholstery.

It was a bit more time consuming than just swapping clip-ons as the NCR ti bars are shorter than the factory bars so required adjustment to almost everything in order to fit the Brembo GP master cylinders, throttle housing and cable routing/alignment, remote brake adjuster bracket/cable routing and mounting and aligning the Rizoma reservoirs evenly to match the rest of the detail work on this bike!

Modified stainless brackets from Rizoma kit to work with NCR clamps and bead blasted to give matte finish similar to the NCR finish.

Previous setup with stock clip-on and NCR on top.

Subtle but noticeable difference in riding position.

LH clip-on installed and briefly installed upper triple clamp to check clearance while test fitting master cylinder, switchgear and remote reservoir.

Sorting out best reservoir position before modifying mounting brackets.

Getting there, both sides installed with locating sorted. Unfortunately, the Evoluzione billet throttle tube did not fit the slightly larger NCR bar outer diameter so honed out the id of the billet throttle tube which took some care and patience but worked out well in the end.

Final test fit with tank and bodywork installed, minor adjustment to lever position, grips safety wired, bleed brakes and done!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
These titanium/aluminium NCR bars are very nice. One of the best looking after market ones!! I had one set (with black anodized clamps), but they did not fit the OEM masters. Now a days they make a set that is a few cm longer than the race version you have, but that one is still too short for the OEM masters. It looks like I need new masters :p

Do you have enough clearance between the Brembo masters and the dash when you make a full turn? Or did you have to adjust the lock stops at the bottom triple?

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
i love pointless and excessive BLING threads... this is true passion for our machines, devil and the pleasure.. is in the details.

·
i'll be here till my 85!
1,102 Posts
ain't nothing like the CF ones :)

:) haven't seen them since...

the NCR goes way beyind the rizoma stuff...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts