Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday, I have seem some 999R's with a shorter Carbon Cover on the muffler, they look great, or is the muffler longer. Im comparing a Xerox 999R with a Parts Unlimited bike that I have seen pics of. Thanks Gum.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Depends on the muffler fitted. Termignoni's (non Corse models) are all the same as are the Leo Vince. I think Zard don't use the extra cover on biposto (only monoposto). What makes them look a bit different is the actual monoposto or biposto rear bodywork. Monoposto is quite a bit shorter (subframe is shorter to). Termignoni Corse mufflers don't have the carbon cover covering the end of the muffler - they stick out the end a couple of inches.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmm

Yes like 2 or 3'' of muffler out from the carbon heat shield, it looks good and im seeing what is involved to get that look. Thanks Gum.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Zard or Leo Vince will give you that look. They're the most popular and easiest to find. Then there are the Spark, Akrapovic, Racefit, Silmoto and they're fairly hard to find. As I said, the only Termignoni which will give you that bare muffler out the back is the 63mm Corse system used on the RS and F bikes and they are a bit more involved - you'll probably need to get the RS subframe and bodywork, grind off a bit of the crankcase where the exhaust runs by and maybe some other bits and pieces to go along with it all. You can sometimes find the Corse mufflers for sale and there's someone in Latvia or something who has the occasional one on Ebay - just need to adapt to the existing headers and make the mounting strap to suit the standard mounting system.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
???????

Sounds involved, I will have a look at what you have suggested, anyone with some pics ?????? Thanks Gum

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nup

No, I think that what im looking at is just the exhaust cover around the muffler, on the 999R it surrounds it, big, and ugly, it seems that there are shorter Carbon Shields that let the muffler protrude and I do like that look.

This is look I want. ??? If you look at the Parts Unlimited Bikes, they look the same as the 999R, just with a shorter and much better looking carbon shield.

http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11097

Thanks Gum.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That's a Termignoni Corse system on a race bike - not the 999S Parts Unlimited bikes they sold in the USA in 2007 or whenever. That's the system they use on the 999RS and the F03 - F07 factory race team bikes. They occasionally come up for sale in the US and UK. They are usually 63.5mm and you'll also need at least the subframe and rear bodywork (including that black bit on the end) to go with it. Plus grinding off a bit of crankcase, spacing the right footpeg out etc etc. If you want that look the easiest is to get a Zard and probably get the Termignoni cover and then cut it up....chop the end off, cut out those sections and put mesh in them etc... Actually, those Corse mufflers seem to be a lot easier to find than the carbon cover which goes with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts