Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday to all.

Can I ask a favour to those who have a 999. I need to pull one apart soon, problem is that I need to take all the tools with me to do the job. { and I never done this before }. So what special tools are needed to strip a 999R. Also the amount of coolant that will come out it. I take it there will be some big nuts on the swing arm, head stem etc. What size allen keys do I need, etc. If someone can measure the outside dimensions of the engine please, as I need to build a crate for that prior to pulling it apart, so I can ship it without damage. Same goes with the tank, can I get the sizing of that as well. The whole bike will be stripped, so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Gum.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I suggest you buy the service manual from: http://www.duc.nu/manuals/

It lists all the tools needed to get the motor out of the bike etc, are in the workshop manual. The dimensions of the bike are in the standard owners manual.

There are no special tools, You'll need a socket set from 7mm - 36mm and standard allen key set, I think its 2mm - 8mm? Its also nice to have a few adjustable wrenches, I prefer the Blue Point Nipix flat surface ones, so you can grasp anything.

The bike is easy to take apart, no rocket science.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tar

Thanks for that, I have all those tools, I just didnt want to get there, start taking it apart and find that I got stuck on one little part that I needed an odd or special tool for. I have a BMW and it has these funny star shaped allen keys with dimples in them. If someone has the size of the tank that would be great, as I will pre make a box for it as it will posted and really dont want it damaged. Thanks Lyndon

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Socket SIzes

Dont guess you know the size of that nut ???? Also here is a big ask, what socket sizes dont I need, as I will be flying and really dont want to take what I dont need. Thanks Gum

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
You might want one of those special sockets for the steering stem nut. They can be had off eBay for around 15 dollars IIRC. Before I had one I used a strong wide flat-bladed wedge and got it off without any problems clasping the handle of the wedge with a vise-grip. But I got one of the sockets and it's much easier. Other than that, pretty much what everyone else said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts