Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 999r my fork seal blew on the left fork at about 6500km. Now at 9500km my right one blows. Has this happen to anyone else Is this friggin normal? Ive ridden a bunch of bikes now and none of the seals have ever blown. You would think Ohlins would make a more durable product.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
It's common, and should be fixed under warranty (replaced with a newer, better seal). I understand what you mean by the expectation of more durability, I expected the same myself...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Chuckracer said:
I think there was a recall for thet
do you know if they fixed the issue in 06? the dealer I bought the Xerox from is almost 5 hours from me, and I have not been the happiest with them lately

·
Registered
36 Posts
leaking fork seals

Mine started leaking on the right side at 4000 mi. Dealer claims they are not a warranty item so the cost will be on me. I plan to do both fork legs and hope the replacements last more than originals.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Are these any harder to rebuild than the showa's??? Do you need any special tools? Because I've torn my showa's down a few times, and apart from the spring compression tool...no other special tool is needed. I'd like to know, just before I tear into a set of stock ohlins forks. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
bjust said:
Mine started leaking on the right side at 4000 mi. Dealer claims they are not a warranty item so the cost will be on me. I plan to do both fork legs and hope the replacements last more than originals.
This does not make sense, as you are the first person I know of who has been denied a warranty claim on those seals. You probably should go back to the dealer or check with Ducati NA. Either this or take it to another dealer. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts