Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm putting M4 Monoblocks on my '05 999R and need to get new brake lines. Before I go ahead and buy something I don't need or make a mistake in ordering can someone help me out. I'm pretty much sold on HEL Performance brake lines but should I order 1098s lines since the 1098s came with the M4 monoblocks or what should I order? If I order the 1098s lines will the end fittings (angle) work on my 999R OEM brake MC and (when I update) will they work on my Brembo RCS MC.

For those who have done this please let me know what brake lines you're using and where you got them from.

I've tried searching but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Thanks for the help!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Maybe try sourcing your components thru Goodridge brake lines. They offer interchangeable banjo fittings so it's possible your can adapt the monoblocks to future master cylinders. Also try going to a parts fiche, Omaha Ducati, Commonweath and ProItalia have these fiches available to search out parts. Here you can compare part numbers and buy what fits.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHA you guys are just adding more options on the table. I'm going to check out Goodridge. I like the idea of interchangeable fittings.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
I second the equal length lines.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Has anyone done the 2 line upgrade on the 999/749 calipers using the stock master cylinder? I occasionally see these kits made by Galfer come up cheap on Ebay. I was curious if it improved brake performance and is it easier to bleed the brakes...

·
Registered
961 Posts
I did the 2 line upgrade using Hel lines, they look great and are definately easier to bleed. Was a piece of cake. I doubt braking performance is measureably improved over the single/split braided line amd pretty hard to fault the 4 pad calipers anyways. When ordering tell them the bike model and entry position to/and the master that you are using. They do this stuff for a living.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts