Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys clear something up for me. The 06 999 only comes in dual seat , did'nt the 03-05 come in both , mono and dual. I may be confusing it with the 749. The mono gives you the ability to adjust the tank and seat and the Bi does not? I was starting to lean towards the 999 but this may change things, I need the adjustments for my vertically challenged carcus :)

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes the 999 come in the dual seat only, you can get the 999S in a single or dual seat except North America where the dual seat is not available. The R only come in the single seat.

E

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the adjustment factor. My last two bikes were 999 biposto. The new bike is adjustable but I haven't even thought about messing with it. I've never been mistaken for a tall person. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam. I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 5'6" and 29" inseam. I'll never have a passenger so I could just change it over I guess

E

·
0 Posts
Conversion is an option. Something to think about before buying a new subframe, etc. are the hard covers for the pillion seat available from Ducati Performance and others. They look really sharp IMO. Install one, remove the rear pegs and you are good to go.

·
Registered
272 Posts
etownwill said:
Conversion is an option. Something to think about before buying a new subframe, etc. are the hard covers for the pillion seat available from Ducati Performance and others. They look really sharp IMO. Install one, remove the rear pegs and you are good to go.
I went the second route here, purchased a rear cowl to replace the bip seat and removed the rear pegs. Looks very sharp when decked out like this, and take about 5mins to swap over should the kids want to come with me for a rip on the Dark.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts