Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Which is a better design for a windscreen?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I would like to change the windscreen on my 2006 999 but im having trouble finding the right one for me. I have been reading a ton of posts about all the different types available but thought maybe some of you had an idea of what would work best for me.

I really would like to eliminate the small parking light on the front though and still have the lower dark black tint where it used to be. I wanted to avoid seeing the back of the instruments and the wiring left behind by the parking light.

I really wanted to avoid the screen being too high but I really love the screen they have on Casey Stoner's Desmosedici. If I could find this exact screen that would be perfect. (I put a picture of it below)

I have been looking at the Double Bubble windscreens too but other than being extremely cool looking what benefit do they have over something like on Stoner's bike?

Pretty much I would like to clean up the appearance, remove the little light, and keep as many bugs as possible off me without getting into a really tall windscreen.

Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to finding the right one!

Ciao

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The double bubble screens make some difference, but really don't protect you unless you lie on the tank.

One issue to consider: the higher screens leave a good sized gap between the screen and the headlight pod. A lot of light is reflected back on the underside of the screen. It would take a pretty thick piece of foam or other material to block this (over an inch worth).

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I bought an FBF windscreen ($50-60) which was made by exactly the same company in Italy that makes the Ducat Performance stuff. They offer a clear, light and dark smoke. Each comes w/ the rubber moulding. I thought it was a great windscreen. It had a nice rise to it, no turbulance. Much better than my Ducati Performance screen. I bought it w/o the light aperture.
Fast by Ferracci 215.657.1276

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Moto wheels carrys what I think the best screen there is, Fabbri, it comes street version DB, and also Solo Pista (track only) which is what you're looking for. I have one brand new, they're both light tinted, the street version had the light hole which I covered and the other as you can see it doesn't. You can lay some window tinting in the inside part if you're looking to block the view of the cluster and they're both 3mm thick.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Solo Pista 2005 999S

·
Registered
797 Posts
Moto wheels carrys what I think the best screen there is, Fabbri, it comes street version DB, and also Solo Pista (track only) which is what you're looking for. I have one brand new, they're both light tinted, the street version had the light hole which I covered and the other as you can see it doesn't. You can lay some window tinting in the inside part if you're looking to block the view of the cluster and they're both 3mm thick.
Love the pista!!!! The taller the better, I have a Puig, useless peice of tinted junk, for the street. I need one!!

Mark

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here's a Zero Gravity. I cant remember the naming convention but this was between standard and double bubble.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank You Gee-Bee!

Hey I would like to thank everyone for helping me out in trying to find the perfect windscreen for my bike! I am happy to say that I have figured out the perfect solution with the help of Gee-Bee. I have talked with him about this after seeing the amazing looking windscreen he had made for his Desmosedici by Zero-Gravity.

He was nice enough to explain to me that he was working with Zero-Gravity to make the "Race Corsa" windscreen which is a replica of the ones fitted to the factory bikes as far as I can tell. I have posted pictures below courtesy of Gee-Bee.

Thanks Gee-Bee and everyone else that has helped me figure this out.

Ciao

Attachments

·
Banned
935 Posts
Here You Go !

More Pic's

Hey dont forget my carbon fiber Mirrors assys ! (725.00 ) Pair

And my showroon condition RZV500

Gee-Bee

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is the version offered from Ducati, I think if follows the lines nicely and eliminates that zit running light.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I just wonder if the 6 ppl who voted for standard have ever ridden this bike? The original one is simply crap and it's not just that you have to lie down to get the benefit from the taller ones.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Will you post up some pictures of your whole bike. It looks good, and I want to see how those clear indicator lens look over all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts