Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my windscreen on my 05 999s. How do I remove the parking light? Do I just remove the windscreen bolts, and pull it off with the screen, then deal with the wires? Thanks
parking light.jpg

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Short answer - yes. I did exactly the same as you describe. I also covered the disconnected wires with heat shrink.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Remove the screen, then it'll be obvious. or look at the parts diagram on Ducati Omaha's faantastic site. then buy from them to help support such as great resource if not from your local dealer for the same reason.

But to the point - that little light is a unique feature to the 999. It's part of the original design intent along with the cool gill slits that were dumbed out for '05 after all the whiners cried about how the 999 wasnt enough of a 916 clone. Why would you ever get rid of it?!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip.
I'm not getting rid of it. I like it. I have a new windscreen to put on. I need to swap it over.

·
Super Moderator
1,170 Posts
But to the point - that little light is a unique feature to the 999. It's part of the original design intent along with the cool gill slits that were dumbed out for '05 after all the whiners cried about how the 999 wasnt enough of a 916 clone. Why would you ever get rid of it?!
Except that it was not originally supposed to be a fugly piece slapped on the windshield...

·
Registered
976 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts