Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, again, sorry for the Ducati newbie ?.....I am trying to find a plate, etc with the model year stamped on the frame....I cannot find one....
Also, did the 999 come with Fast by Ferraci clip-ons? Mine has them on...

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
So, again, sorry for the Ducati newbie ?.....I am trying to find a plate, etc with the model year stamped on the frame....I cannot find one....
Also, did the 999 come with Fast by Ferraci clip-ons? Mine has them on...
There is a sticker located on th right side of the frame by the black plastic crankcase breather tank. FBF clipons are surely aftermarket.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, ran the VIN, it's definately an 04....It says (from the VIN#) that it's an 04 999 Biposto....Mine is set up for monoposto & I don't see any old welds that hung passenger peg hangers....There aren't any bolt holes either....how do I know if this this was a biposto/mono? It does have a long exhaust, as you can see from the pics....Carfax came back clean!
Thanks for the help Bella!

Thanks for the info on the FBF clip-ons...Woo-hoo!!!
Jon

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Previous owner probably swapped the tail and subframe, or it's possible the base model mono version (non-"S") were titled as a biposto from the factory. The only difference is the subframe and tail fairing, and about 5 pounds of excess weight

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx again Bella!
Ciao'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts