Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to replace the timing belts and clutch pack in my stock 999.

I'm Australian based, and I'm looking for advice on Brands, Part Numbers and Shops/Web Sites I should look at.

I'm not against buying from overseas.

Advice would be appreciated

Regards, Greg

Also, does anyone have the original Gates part number?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely doing it myself! We've got 13 Italian bikes, mostly Laverdas, never even considered using someone else.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Then as someone wise on here once told me ,,, "use OEM , least you know how long they last" ,, " the money your saving on labour put back into genuine parts"

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I've had good luck ordering OEM timing belts from the UK. I generally do it well in advance, and don't see the kind of good deals right now that I did in February, when I bought a pair (be sure of the number you're buying) for about ₤110 delivered. Got them for both my 999s and my ST4s, but from different vendors.

Might give the flea-bay experience a try.

I've used both OEM and 'exact-fit' and both do the job in my experience, by the way. When I bought my timing belts, both the kinds I needed, Chris at California Cycle had backordered, so I went with OEM.

Ron

·
Registered
444 Posts
Check out Moto Rapido.
I've dealt with them direct, located n the U.K.
Genuine OEM belts came with nuts & wave washers, unlike here in OZ where they cost extra ,, plus they were cheaper .

Craig Richardson is a really good guy & provides great customer service

Moto Rapido Ducati Dealer in Hampshire

Direct : 01962 873981

Main : 01962 877998

[email protected]

·
Registered
746 Posts
Brad Black has everything you need.

BikeBoy.org

Phone: (03) 9563 2004
Fax: (03) 9563 3004
[email protected]

Street Address:
2B King Street,
Oakleigh
Victoria 3166

Lots of information on his site, plus call him.
Great guy to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts