Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or can anyone provide me with a picture of an XX9 tank on the 916 series bike?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha ha. Don't tempt me. I have tools for cutting and welding.

The desmo tank is too tall to fit the profile I aim to achieve on The Time Machine. It will be much easier for me to fit a XX9 tank than it will be to cut the desmo tank down, weld, clean, fill, primer, and paint.

I just want a picture. It can be photo shopped.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
will a crayon picture work for you!:surprise:

Reactions: Namor

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I've got my 999 tank off at the moment but run out of time to take my 998 tank of. Will do it tomorrow and try to send you pics.
You do realise that the 999 frame around the shock area is totally different! The shock is lower and the 999 tank with its pump extends well beyond the 916/998. Easier to buy a 999 and put 916/998 body on. Tail would be a head f&$k though.:)

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Able duc put a 999 tank on his air cooled Hypermotard, so anything is possible.

Craig

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because the desmo tank is going to look oddly large when I am done with the fairing. Side profile view.

Sacrilege, and call the a heretic. Ha. I could take it up a notch and ask for a photo of a 916SPA with an 03 999 nose fairing.

If this forum has taught me anything, which is how best to put air into my tires, it's that we only frown on snake skin leather dressing, super extended swing arms, and big fat rear tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts